Marketing addon

Hi, Does anyone know about a addon to Navision (3.x or 4.0) that enhances the CRM functionality to work better with marketing? Navision CRM works good if you are working with few prospects and large sales orders, where you have time to enter the campaign code manually on each order. But for a company that sends out thousands and thousands of mailings (sometime giving a general discount, sometime targeting a new product etc), the Navision CRM isn’t 100%. Somehow we need to keep track of the mailing and then create reports from that to show if there were any sales generated from that. Thank you for your input Daniel

Hi Daniel I have no experince in it but have you looked at the Microsoft CRM product, I believe this had stories of interfacing to Navision. Have a look in the CRM - Developer forum the second posting talks about integration to Navision.

quote:

Somehow we need to keep track of the mailing and then create reports from that to show if there were any sales generated from that.

Have you looked at using Segments and Campaigns in the following manner? Below is a process applied to Navision CRM that I have used for marketing campaigns with up to 40,000 contacts. Segments would be used to create the contact list that a specific mailing was sent. Campaign would be used to specify what the purpose of the mailing and dates. A report would be created to list sales for the contacts in the campaign segment during the campaign period. If a specific product or product group was marketed, then the report would use the product to filter sales. Getting sales information by having the system record the campaign code automatically on the order is really no different than using the report described above. I have used two types of reports for analyzing the success of a campaign. The first is based on the report listed above. The other compares historical baselines with new baselines during the campaign period.