Manufacturing training fob for 3.60

hi I am trying to learn Navision (3.60) manufacturing. can any one provide me the following training fob’s at sam_alex55@hotmail.com 1) demotraining.fob 2) Safedemotraining.fob Thanks In advance.

Hi Sam When I did the training a few years ago the demotraining.fob was Cronus as it came out of the box (maybe with the odd tweak[?]) and the safe was simply the original copy of the demotraining.fob, which you restored so the earlier transactions you processed did not colour your current ones. These fob’s, if different from Cronus, were not given to us at the end of my course. They may also differ country to country. If you get no luck on here you will have to contact your NTR.

quote:

Originally posted by Sam
hi I am trying to learn Navision (3.60) manufacturing. can any one provide me the following training fob’s at sam_alex55@hotmail.com

You seem to be mixing up two things here. You don’t need any fobs to learn manufactuing. You MIGHT need fobs to help you learn programming. But rememebr that these are two different aspects of Navision. Please don’t make the mistake of replacing training with programming. If you are starting in Navision Manufacturing, then the last thing you want to do is to program it. Learn the Out of THe Box system [b]FIRST.

Working with Manufacturing … That’s kind off hard enough to start. I remember from my training there were 2 backups of databases to have a decent start database in certain chapters. I can’t remember there were fob’s.

Hi David

quote:

You seem to be mixing up two things here. You don’t need any fobs to learn manufactuing. You MIGHT need fobs to help you learn programming. But rememebr that these are two different aspects of Navision.

The training manual for Manufacturing, and the classroom sessions (which Sam should really do) had set scenario’s - once you run things through the database is then set one way, so you would always restore the “safe” database as a starting point for nearly EVERY exercise. So they maybe referring to training as they have a manual in front of them. [:D]

Sure, but that is a company backup. Sam was specifically asking for FOBs, he would have to knwo what they were to ask for them. I suppose he may have meant an FBK of course.

Just thought - I should have done this at the start - RTFM[:D] Anyway the manual has a demotraining.fob - apparently on the localization CD (Lcolaize\training\source\mancourse. You then run code unit 60030, finish the production order (?) and delete codeunits 60001-60030. You then go through a variety of settings and processes. You then create the safedatabase.fdb - this is a copy of the starting training database - again the safedemotraining.fob is on the localization CD in teh same location as before. It looks as though the fob’s create the data using codeunits - well you learn soemthing new every day [:D] Sam even though you can locate the fob’s I would advise you going on the course, or better still follow the processes through using your own data - when you cannot process you will have to work out why and this will mean you will learn an awful lot more.