Manual vs Auto Flush

Hi Experts,

If the only disadvantage of Manual flush is that the user might not be accurately recording scarp, Under what practical scenarios users still use the manual flush?

Because while using auto flush which reduces huge number of data entries still it is enabling scrap to be recorded using consumption and output journals. (So the only advantage of Manual flush is accomplished in auto flush too)

What is the bad thing if we recommend using auto flush always?

Thanks! Ilak

Manual flush gives u control on consumption qua there ntity including scraps, u posts. Nothing bad in Auto flush but u use it ,if u r certain no qty deviation will befrom what u have specified in ur BOM.

Which one is frequently used one in your experience. Manual or Auto?

'coz i wouldn’t even think of Manual as auto makes things easier. May be i’m wrong.

Please correct. Thanks a lot!

I have use Auto just two or three times as It depends on business demand not , which one is easy [:D].

Manual also helps in serial and batch environments.

I have found most businesses want to control this and therefore manual is generally used, although if you think about bench stock or low value items these can be automatically flushed without concern by the customer, but as Kapil states, it depends upon each business you meet.

It’s an interesting statement.

Do you mean the serialized items would be basically flushed manually and it’s another advantage of Manual flush apart from ‘record scarp’?

Also sorry if I’m asking a very basic question. What do you mean by ‘Bench Stock items’?

Thanks!

Not sure about 2009 but previously you could not automatically flush a batch or serialised item.

bench stock items, or line side stores, or bin stock, or free issue stock, whatever you want to call it, high use cheap items that frankly it is not worth the effort of recording all transactions, so you let the system do it.

I’m clear now. Thanks guys!