Mandatory Field in Navision.

How can i make a field mandatory i set the field property

NOT BLANK = YES

but still i can insert the record in the table.

Where can i check for the validation for the field if it is blank it should throw an error to the user that

THIS FIELD IS BLANK ENTER THE DATA FIRST TO SAVE THE RECORD.

It should no save the record.

Add TESTFIELD(your_field_name); under “oninsert” trigger of your table.

Please guys help me i am stuck up in this thing this is the coding for ON INSERT Trigger on Transaction Header table.

I want to display an error if assigned user id is blank. But when i open the form and click new record it displays this error. I want it to check at the time of save because in this case it is not even generating the number sequence for the transfer order. please help.

On insert Trigger.

GetInventorySetup;
IF “No.” = ‘’ THEN BEGIN
TestNoSeries;
NoSeriesMgt.InitSeries(GetNoSeriesCode,xRec.“No. Series”,“Posting Date”,“No.”,“No. Series”);
END;
InitRecord;
VALIDATE(“Shipment Date”,WORKDATE);

IF “Assigned User ID” = ‘’ THEN
ERROR (‘Select user id’);

You can add this code in OnQueryClose Form

IF “Assigned User ID” = ‘’ THEN
ERROR (‘Select user id’);

That doesn’t technically work either as I think you can move to an existing record, still, that does have the field filled in, and then close the form.

Usually this is handled at the time you release an order, and / or checked before processing begins on it. What if the user doesn’t know who it should be assigned to yet? That shouldn’t keep them from closing the order or going about their other tasks. Fields are not generally required until something needs to happen to that record (like a status change to released).

So it means that it is not possible in NAVISION what i need.

Generally no. It can be accomplished via training and road blocks in the process. What you need can be accomplished just fine. What you want is more complicated / impossible.