Making Salesorders

Hi, Has anyone tried to make a salesorder using C/front? I mean makiong a salesorder in Navision from some other application. I am looking for a description about which fields should be filled, and how. I know, I can figure it out myself, but it’s a lot of work, so if anyone has done it before… Thanks Anolis Sittard Netherlands

Wait till Version 3. You cannot fire the trigger code within navision (OnValidate, OnInsert, etc:) with C/Front, so it is not an option to create sales orders remotely. All you can do at present is to load a temporary buffer table, then convert manually within Navision, you could use a form timer trigger to look for new records of course and run a codeunit. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

What I am trying to do is to run through all triggers, and simulate the events. e.g. when you select a customer, the on validate trigger looks if the bill has to be sent to the same adres or not, by looking to the customer table. This I simulate with c/front. As you understand, this is a very time consuming job, since in some triggers codeunits are called, and in thos codeunits other codeunits are called again. My goal is to “fool” the database, just by going through the same steps as would happen when you make an order in navision itselves. It would be nice if anyone had some ready to go description of all the triggers and events. Anolis Sittard Netherlands

I don’t want to make jokes out of your situation but this is a job for tough Masochists! But let’s go back one step. Question: Why do you need to use C/FRONT to create the order? What is your real problem? Probably there’s another solution. Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Anolis, can’t help but I’m getting the feeling of you’re re-inventing the wheel here. Why would you want to do it this complicated way? We developed a couple of solutions to have orders entered automatically, based on outside information. Basically it means the “other side” puts the (minimal) required data in an interface table which is read by a Navision process that calls from C/AL, amongst other things, the various OnValidate triggers in Sales Header/Line. Such an automated order entry can be quite flexible and sophisticated if you want. As an example, one of this solutions is getting orders from a large Oracle based web ordering tool, whereby a ton of business rules determines in which of the billing companies the actual order is to be entered. Company A is selling an item in Europe, but the same item is sold in South America by company B. And in many cases the billing company isn’t known before the whole order is created! Without going into details here, the point is that within Navision you have so much flexibility, why would you need something external to do something that’s done already? John

I am trying to achieve the following: The user makes a drawing in Autocad. This drawing has to be converted to a salesorder and production order automatically. Anolis Sittard Netherlands

I don’t have the slightest Idea on how you could possibly make a sales order out of an Autocad drawing but that doesn’t matter. The point is that for a SO you need some information like Customer, Item, Quantity etc. if Autocad can provide this information, it could simply write them into an ASCII file which then (Batch-Form, OnTimer Trigger etc.) is being imported and processed by Navision. Like John suggested: No matter what your data-source for the SO is, simply write it to a structured file and let Navision do the rest. No software in the world is better in creating Navision Sales Orders than Navision itselfes. Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Thanks everybody, I almost wanted to rewrite navision! I have changed plans now: first make the salesoreder in Navision, let navision do all the things it has to do, then export it and refine it in autocad, after that import it again and make a productionorder out of it. That will save me a lot of time and trouble! Thanks again ! Anolis Sittard Netherlands