Mail: The call to member OLEFormat failed.

Hey,

I’m trying to create an Email Interaction with NAV 2009 SP1 Classic, but I’m getting this error:

The call to member OLEFormat failed.
Microsoft Word returned the following message: This member cannot be accessed on a horizontal line.

It happens when Navision says: “Merging E-Mail in Microsoft Word”.

Does anyone have a clue?

Just a little follow up.

From RTC I’m getting several different error messages. One of them being:

The Automation Server NSAppHandler.MergeHandler is not allowed to run on this client.

Well this is really driving me crazy!

Now I got a different error:

The call to member MailMerge failed:

Call was rejected by callee.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)).

But I also got the error one time!

Here is exactly what happens:

1. I create an e-mail interaction with an e-mail template.

2. When I click Finish then it starts with “Transfering E-Mail data to Microsoft Word”.

3. Then it open a dialog box called Export and asks me to Save or Cancel a Word/DOCX file. I select Save.

4. This results in a new dialog box popup asking me “Do you want to open or save this file?”. I select save again and it prompts me for the file name. Again!

5. Now it says “Creating merge source” and then “Merging E-Mail in Microsoft Word”, before it displays the error again:

The call to member OLEFormat failed.
Microsoft Word returned the following message: This member cannot be accessed on a horizontal line.

I really have no idea what’s wrong, but as this database has no changes, then I’m convinced that it is something with permissions or similar. The machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2 / 64bit. Office is version 2010 (not the beta).

Ok, now I actually got a bit further!

In my Word template I actually had a horizontal line. After removing this then I was able to make a mail merge using NAV 2009 Classic client.

Well that is almost!

I first got the two way old warnings regarding Outlook integration:

A program is trying access e-mail address information stored in Outlook…
Allow access for …

and then

A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf…
Allow / Deny

I actually thought that these messages had been taken care of!