Login on SQL Option Failure

Hi, a have some problems to login on a MS SQL server option for MBS 3.70. I have various server running this option and I only have problems with one. At this one when I try to login MBS Client shows this message: “User\Password Incorrect, try with another user\password.” Analizing the process with SQL Analizer I observe that the diference from another server in wich, same process is succesful is that this instruction return this error:

quote:

/----------------------------- EXEC [master]…[xp_ndo_enumusersids] -----------------------------/ Mensaje 50500, Nivel 1, Estado 50500 Internal error : a Win32 function returned error code 1008 (0x3f0)

But in another server the same command returns a list with: user,sid and name of the valid users in SQL and MBS Option DB… On both servers run Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) (Enterprise SP3), both have same Regional Options, same code page, the used dll (xp_ndo) are the same and users have same level access. Anybody knows where is the problema [?] [xx(]

3 things come to mind… 1) Try switching the connection protocol around… like to Namepipe 2) Computer Name, Local User Account name, and the Domain User Account name cannot be the same. It is because for some strange reason, the routine that get the SID back only pass the Righthand part (domain\user) to the network, i.e. And the SID that was returned by the routine is go to be in the order of Local Computer->Local User->Domain User… Navision’s SID table only stored the “Domain” level SID… So, it will error out. 3) Delete the SQL account and try again.

The network protocol is not relevant because the server can do an impersonation on any protocol. Check the server properties to see if you are running with “NT Fibers” set to on for that server. Impersonation cannot be done when this is the case, and therefore the xp_ndo_enumusersids returns a win32 error in that situation. NT Fibers cannot be used with windows authentication.

Thank’s but, [:(] I did this 3 things before I send the first Topic, and it didn’t work… Have you got, any other idea ?

quote:

Originally posted by robertc
The network protocol is not relevant because the server can do an impersonation on any protocol. Check the server properties to see if you are running with “NT Fibers” set to on for that server. Impersonation cannot be done when this is the case, and therefore the xp_ndo_enumusersids returns a win32 error in that situation. NT Fibers cannot be used with windows authentication.

[:D] Thanks for all, that’s the problem, I Have changed the NT Fibers configuration and it runs ok. Well, I will sleep very well today [8D] But, I don’t know if the server will be very slow, when all users are working, but there is another problem… [:p] See you.