Log postings - how?

Moin: I am to log posted items simultaneously to the posting process in an ASCII logfile. Anybody out there who can give me a hint where best to get the amount and the itemno of a posted item to write it in an ASCII file. I have looked into the codeunit #80, Sales-Post, but it is hard to find the central thread there. Regards Alarich

i suggest you do that inside codeunit 22 so you can include postings or revaluations done from journals. take a look into the routine “InsertItemLedgEntry” … for the amount you will have to search for a routine that inserts the value entries … i guess its called “InsertValueEntry” or something … i have no DB available at the moment in order to give you more accurate advice

Hi Alarich, do you realy want to log only Sales-Post? what’s with Purch.-Post? maybe you should insert your log-function in the codeunit 22 in funtion InsertItemLedgEntry after the “ItemLedgEntry.INSERT;” for what do you log simultaneously to the posting process in an ASCII logfile? br Josef Metz

I would not write to external data at the time of posting, because it will slow down the posting routines. But the place to look at is C22 as mentioned. Couldn’t you export the needed data from the item ledger entries later? For example with a time triggered dataport ?

quote:

Couldn’t you export the needed data from the item ledger entries later? For example with a time triggered dataport ?
Originally posted by Joerg R Feldhofen - 2004 Oct 19 : 16:07:04

Jörg: What means " time triggered dataport "? The On Timer trigger in NAVISION´s forms? Regards Alarich

I was thinking about two ways: 1) Form: OnTimer Trigger, that means basically polling, but uses up one client or some piece of code running endlessly also using up one client. 2) Scheduler: Use some external macro scheduler to start Navision, do the task and sleep again. Only using one client at run time of the task.