Local LEGAL Requirements: THAILAND

Dear all,

I am currently going to start an implementation in our subsidiary in Thailand.

In that connection I am looking for a list and description of what LEGAL requirements there are in the area of sales of services and items in Thailand. I am talking about pure legal requirements, NOT requirements due to the typical market situation in Thailand. So primary I expect the requirements to be in the are of tax and tax reporting. But it could also be requirements in the format of invoices (like in all EU countries you must always print delivery date and VAT no. on all invoices).

We are going to use Navision 4.00, but we will NOT be using the local Thailand version, and we will also not just be comparing the Thailand version with the World Wide version as this will not give us the right picture, as you also have local marke localizations. So on this level it doesn’t really matter what version or what package we are talking about. This thread is very general for all ERP systems.

So if you have knowledge of this, please help me in building up this information here in the user group.

Nobody?

Well since nobody else answered this I can actually do it my self now that we are live in Thailand.

The main part in Thailand that makes it differ from the World Wide (W1) version of Navision is that Thailand is having the so-called Withholding Tax or WHT.

We actually solved it by implementing the solution based on the AP (or APAC for Asian Pacific) version of Dynamics NAV. This covers all the MBS controlled countries in the area (Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand etc. but currently not India). And as we are all these countries it made a lot of sense. Of cause 4.00 AP version also had 50 characters in names and address fields. But this now standard in NAV 5.0.

hello Erik,

it was really nice reading your post regarding WHT… i am really having hard times on applying wht. In the Philippines they deduct wht on payments or invoices. I don’t know how to take up wht to be deducted on the total invoices or total payments. I have search and browse for complete procedure but it seems to be unluck i think it was incomplete. Erik, if you do have notes and procedures you can provide me so I can also apply it on. I will really appreciate it.

Thank you.