Local LEGAL Requirements: MEXICO

Dear all,

I am soon going to start an implementation in our subsidiary in MEXICO.

In that connection I am looking for a list and description of what LEGAL requirements there are in the area of sales of services and items in Mexico. I am talking about pure legal requirements, NOT requirements due to the typical market situation in Mexico. So primary I expect the requirements to be in the are of tax and tax reporting. But it could also be requirements in the format of invoices (like in all EU countries you must always print delivery date and VAT no. on all invoices).

We are going to use Navision 4.00, but we will NOT be using the local Mexican version, and we will also not just be comparing the Mexican version with the World Wide version as this will not give us the right picture, as you also have local marke localizations. So on this level it doesn’t really matter what version or what package we are talking about. This thread is very general for all ERP systems.

So if you have knowledge of this, please help me in building up this information here in the user group.

Hi,

I am afraid I can’t help you with your request for legislation info.

I too will be working on a project for a global company’s subsidiary in Mexico in the near future. I would be interested to hear you reason for not using the NA version if that is the case. Assuming that when u say “local mexican version” you mean the North American Version.)

Does this not cater adequately for all Mexician legislation?

At the risk of being slightly off thread…

I will be hosting access to a Canadian, Mexican and Argentinian databases (on a single SQL server instance) via one citrix server.

I encountered all sorts of issues with a recent Chinese implementation, becuase of the character set and NAV not being unicode, I had to set the Base Locale of the citirx server to Chinese. Do you know if a similar issue exists for Spanish characters? I seem to have spanish working fine on my English (UK) p.c. so I guess not? Do you know if the Base locale should be a Spanish one or just leave as English?

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Well first of all, they don’t use Sales Tax in Mexico, but VAT. But then again that should be able to work in the US version also.

As to the collation issue, did you see the question I made on the Asian setup?

There is no problems having CA, MX and AR with english and spanish in same db and same default OS Western Europe and United States.

The only issues with default OS is double-bite countries and countries with special signs - so in general if a specific language setting exist you need this to be default OS on the client. However the SQL database is unicode and you can have all these different clients accessing the same SQL2000/2005 db.

See other subject about asia collation etc. to avoid collation problems on the db for these languages.

This is ONLY relevent for following countries/languages:

Arabic

Armenian

Baltic

Central Europe

Cyrillic

Georgian

Hebrew

Indic

Japanese

Korean

Chinese – both simplified and traditional