Local LEGAL Requirements: INDIA

Dear all,

I am currently going to start an implementation in our subsidiary in India.

In that connection I am looking for a list and description of what LEGAL requirements there are in the area of sales of services and items in India. I am talking about pure legal requirements, NOT requirements due to the typical market situation in India. So primary I expect the requirements to be in the are of tax and tax reporting. But it could also be requirements in the format of invoices (like in all EU countries you must always print delivery date and VAT no. on all invoices).

We are going to use Navision 4.00, but we will NOT be using the local Indian version, and we will also not just be comparing the Indian version with the World Wide version as this will not give us the right picture, as you also have local marke localizations. So on this level it doesn’t really matter what version or what package we are talking about. This thread is very general for all ERP systems.

So if you have knowledge of this, please help me in building up this information here in the user group.

It would be a good idea if you pick up an Indian Localized Database and see through the reports that they have created for eg.

TDS-Tax Deducted at Source
Tax & VAT - both are applicable in India
Service Tax forms etc

All these reports have been created based on statuory requirements of the government and does not cater to any particular industry standard

Regards,
Burjis

Hi Burjis,

Thank you, but that’s exactly what I DON’T WANT to do. Not because I’m lazy, but because it doesn’t really tell me why the reports was done the way they are! If I should be able to tell a developer to do a similar report then that’s not enough. You have to consider that we in the same database will have over 30 countries, when we are ready. So it’s simply not possible to implement the local versions!