linking of other shortcut dimension eg 3/4/5 etc... in a report

[:O] Hi guys!

I need your help and expertise. I cant find where i can link and get the information of the shortcut dimension code that is not declare as one of the global dimension.

How can i show it to the report? because its not presently on the general journal line. i tried to edit the general journal line and declare the other existing shortcut dimension code in C/AL Global code? am I right on the process? but the other problem is our license doesn’t have the right to add that kind of code on global code. what i supposed to do?

Hi Kaycee,

The list of dimension value for Gen. Journal Line is stored in Journal Line Dimension table. Filter this table with

1. Table = 81
  2. Journal Template Name
  3. Journal Batch Name
  4. Line No

You will get the list of dimensions used.

Regards,

-TR-

hi Tony,

Thanks for d information. now, i know where ill get the information… Let me try it again…[*][;)]

still the problem exist only the declare global dimension code appear on the report but not the other declare shortcut dimension 3/4/5 code…

what command shall i used to make the shortcut dimension code output on the report…?

Hi Kaycee,

May I know which report we’re talking about here?

Regards,

-TR-

hi Tony,

actually its good for all the report… so for n ow im just trying to make an output in one report like the Purchase Order but unfortunately, only the global dimensions is the field that been declare and when i used the same code but change it to for sample: dim1=shortcut dimension 1 code, dim2 for shortcut dimension 2 code and for dim3 and dim4 is the shortcut dimension 3 and 4 code… but still the output will appear as the same of dim1 and dim2. In short, i cant used the dimension value to declare and make a value for dim3 en 4.

so can u kindly help me… im already exhausted where i can get the input information for shortcut3 en 4 and be an output in my report.:frowning:

Hi Kaycee,

Tony has shown you the solution. You will have to declare a record variable and filter as Tony has indicated and retreive the information via code.

Tony,

i already used the gen. journal line in my report and still it only comes out with shortcut dimension 1 and 2. sadly, the other shortcut dimension 3 and 4 code are not presently on the list. but if you will look up on the table its was there… :frowning:

Hi Kaycee,

Do you mean you create a flowfield for these dimension in Gen Journal Line? If so, go to your DataItem properties → CalcFields → define your dimensions flowfield here.

I hope I follow you right…

Regards,

-TR-