Linking Axapta with other Softwares (VB,PB,etc)

hi, Has any one Linked Axapta with other Applications developed in visual Basic, Power Builder etc. There are some specific Modules which are developed in Power Builder & Visual Basic. And there is an enquiry whether in Axapta these softwares can interact & final reporting, Finance,Inventory & Production modules be handled by Axapta. These softwares are stand alone modules of payroll, accounts. with best regards

http://www.axforum.ru/forums/showthread.php?postid=8474#post8474

hi EDD thanks but sorry i dont understand Russian Language , i had searched & found that page earlier too. I read & found that it can be done through AOS, and i am trying to set it up. Please if u can send an english verison of the forum of which u gave me the link i will be very much thank ful to u. with best regards vaibhav pednekar

It’s not my source. My English very bad. VB sorce: Example 1 - Exec Axapta class from VB: ’ Connecting to Axapta Set axapta = New AxaptaCOMConnector.axapta axapta.Logon “Admin”, “”, “”, “” Dim AxaptaQuery As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim AxaptaDataSource As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim AxaptaRange As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim CustTableBuffer As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaRecord Dim s As String ’ Create object of myClass Set AxaptaQuery = axapta.CreateObject(“myClass”) ’ Execute metod of myClass AxaptaQuery.Call (“say”) Example 2 - get data from Axapta: ’ Connecting to Axapta Set axapta = New AxaptaCOMConnector.axapta axapta.Logon “Admin”, “”, “”, “” Dim AxaptaQuery As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim AxaptaDataSource As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim AxaptaRange As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaObject Dim CustTableBuffer As AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaRecord Dim s As String CustTable = 77 CustTable_Name = 2 Set AxaptaQuery = axapta.CreateObject(“Query”) Set AxaptaDataSource = AxaptaQuery.Call(“AddDataSource”, CustTable) Set AxaptaRange = AxaptaDataSource.Call(“AddRange”, CustTable_Name) AxaptaRange.Call “Value”, “*” Set AxaptaQueryRun = axapta.CreateObject(“QueryRun”, AxaptaQuery) i = 1 While (AxaptaQueryRun.Call(“Next”)) s = “” Set CustTableBuffer = AxaptaQueryRun.Call(“GetNo”, 1) s = s + Str(i) + " - " + CustTableBuffer.field(“AccountNum”) s = s + " " + CustTableBuffer.field(“Name”) s = s + " " + CustTableBuffer.field(“Address”) s = s + " " + CustTableBuffer.field(“Phone”) s = s + " " + CustTableBuffer.field(“Telefax”) ListView.AddItem (s) i = i + 1 Wend Axapta.Logoff Set Axapta = Nothing

Thanks EDD, did u work on any such thing, how much experience do u have on Axapta linking to other softwares. Thanks & regards vaibhav Pednekar India

Hv a look on to the example comes under the cd. for using it with AOS you have to use the com+ component. The other thing what way communication u want 1 way only which is axapta is talking to other system only. Then in that case you might be needed the libraries to communicate with other sys. 2 way than u need the step 1 as well you have to modify the other sys. and use axapta com components to update anything on axapta. cheers n chow

Vaibhav, Have you decided on the products that you want to integrate? Can you let us know details about the softwares. Also did you had a look at the Partnerguide web site. There is a list of softwares approved by Navision available there. Harish

Thanks Jaggu & thank you Harish , i will have a look, currently we hace decided for VB, cuz we have a prospects whose needs are readily available with other product developed in VB , & Axapta will be used for financial series at this stage. Still working on it. Thanks guys with best regards vaibhav

Hello. Linking Axapta to any other packages is really easy if the other package is fully COM compliant like Axapta. What needs to be done - simply instantiate the object and make the calls to that object. This is exactly what you would do to make calls in to Axapta. /Michael

Hi mctester, Yes , we have done it. An ASP application (website) is been linked to Axapta through the COM connector. Further development is in progress. I am trying to see whether axapta can work with Powerbuilder , still to start. Any information with Axapta -PB will be help full Thanks & regards vaibhav pednekar