Linked table to Access

Hi If I create a linked table in Access (2000) linking to a Navision SQL table all decimal fields are represented as text. Could anybody give me a hint about what’s wrong. I’ve tried changing regional settings on the computer and in the ODBC setup. Best regards Lars

Hi Lars, I think this is because Access maximum precision for numeric fields is 28 while in SQL Navision use a precision of 38, so access use a formatted text to show the numbers. Hope that helps, Jesús Soage

Hi, I tried changing the precision on a single field from 38 to 18 and I now get the fields at numbers. Is there any suggestions on how to get around this problem??

quote:

Originally posted by Lars W. Pedersen
Hi If I create a linked table in Access (2000) linking to a Navision SQL table all decimal fields are represented as text. Could anybody give me a hint about what’s wrong. I’ve tried changing regional settings on the computer and in the ODBC setup. Best regards Lars

I Lars, I have the same problem. Did you find any solution. Thanks

Hi Rui No not yet, I’m still hoping for Microsoft to come up with an answer. Meanwhile I’m creating wiew on the SQL casting all decimal-fields to real, but this is of course not a solution.

quote:

Originally posted by Rui Neves Santos
I Lars, I have the same problem. Did you find any solution. Thanks

Anyone have an update on this? With a newly restored 4.0 SP1 database in SQL, Access still opens up the decimal fields as text.