License problem with table 21 (Cust. Ledger Entry)

Hi, Our customer is using Navision Financials 2.60E. When he wants to post his issues from the ‘Bank Giro book’, the customer gets the message that he is not allowed to post in table 21 (Cust. Ledger Entry). Posting salesorders (etc) is no problem, just the Customer Ledger Entry table. Trying the same on my own computer with the same license works perfectly. So, the license seems to be OK (I allready refreshed the licence). Sounds this familiar to someone or does anybody know’s a solution? Herbert

It might be a problem with the way the user’s security groups are set up: the license may allow them to post to Table 21, but some specific users not have this permission. Although, usually the posting routine always has permission to write to this table, regardless of whether or not the user does. Setting up the groups and users is very tricky, especially when this job is farmed out to someone who hasn’t been through the Solution Developer class. ------- Tim Horrigan horrigan@aol.com

Hi Timothy, Standard profiles are used to setup the authorization…and think about the fact that the same database in another enviroment works perfectly. I think it has something to do with the upgrade to version 2.60E. Thanks

Herbert, Check for custom objects writing to Customer Ledger Entry. Since users only have “indirect” writing privileges, each object has to have additional permission set to successfully complete the operation. You can only raise the permission level with the NSC license, users cant do it. Alex

Hello Alex, Thanks for your response. At the customersite there are no customer objects that write to that table. It’s strange but true. Herbert

quote:

Originally posted by hclout: Hello Alex, Thanks for your response. At the customersite there are no customer objects that write to that table. It’s strange but true. Herbert

The version # 2.60E sounds like a bug fix to me. Maybe Navision accidentally created a bug in v.2.60E while killing off other bugs in v.2.6.0D. I would check the permissions on all the posting routines. ------- Tim Horrigan horrigan@aol.com

I had a similar “mystiqe” trouble. After a day of debuging I recompiled all the objects and the problem disapeard… Jozef Kiss

Jozef, That sounds possible…misty problems…misty solutions. I’ll try it asap. Thanks