License issue

Hi everybody, I am going to do the instalation of Axapta for a customer. They are ordering Ax license from other partner, and they don’t want to wait until they have get their license from Microsoft. So is it possible if: I do the instalation, import the DEMO LICENSE file and let them use it first. After they receive they license from their partner, I will import that license file and synch the database. Is there any risk to go for this solution??? Please leave your comment.

Hi Khue, I would prefer to wait till the actual license. Usually here in UK MS’s turnaround time is very fast. How long do you have to wait for the license? That said - I am not sure whether a demo license could be used on the production system. I would check with MS whether this violates the EULA or something. Apart from this atleast on theory (hopefully) there should not be any problems. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu PS - I am just concerned about this style of implementation. Is there any particular reason the customer is going down this route?

Thank you Harish, Never I have done this before, and I would like to wait also. User doesn’t buy license from us, but from somewhere else. :frowning: