Length count

Hey people, how can i make that lot size is count by length on the above line? For example: Item Length Width Lot size Masteritem 1-----3400—400---------------Yes 2-------------400-----105------No Length must be the length of item 1 + the lot size of item 2!! Length of item 1 must be 3400 + 105 = 3505!! [8)][8)]

huh? What exactly are you trying to achive here?

quote:

huh? What exactly are you trying to achive here?
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2005 Jun 13 : 15:49:13

Well item 2 has a standard length for splice, for example I put it in field lot size. Length of the masteritem (item 1) must be his own length + the standard length of item 2!! Which code must i use to get the wright length(gross) for the masteritem (item 1)?

I don’t see how lots fit into this?

quote:

I don’t see how lots fit into this?
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2005 Jun 13 : 18:28:34

The field lot size is an example. It just can be any other field. I need a field for an item that is filled with standard extra length for splice. That standard extra length has to be count up with the length of the masteritem (item 1)!! Do you understand my question now??

It isn’t clear for me yet but maybe these tips can set you in the right direction? Start by adding a field Splice to the Item table, that is less confusing. You need to know at what moment the lenght of Item 1 can or must be (re)calculated. Than you know where to code your calculation. The code should look something like this: Item1.Length := Item1.Length + Item2.Splice; Good luck [:)]

quote:

It isn’t clear for me yet but maybe these tips can set you in the right direction? Start by adding a field Splice to the Item table, that is less confusing. You need to know at what moment the lenght of Item 1 can or must be (re)calculated. Than you know where to code your calculation. The code should look something like this: Item1.Length := Item1.Length + Item2.Splice; Good luck [:)]
Originally posted by PeterD - 2005 Jun 14 : 10:33:54

Thanks for answering and you are wright how to calculate it, but how can i set that if only Item 2 has a standard extra length for splice, how to put it at another line (item 1, masteritem)?? Something like this: If lot size <> 0 of the line with splice then for masteritem Item1.Length := Item1.Length + Item2.Splice; ???

Its like a Chinese water torture trying to get information here, is it a secret? What you are trying to do? Firstly, it deos look like you are trying to reuse the wrong field for something new. Lesson one: If you need a new field in Navision then create it. DO NOT EVER use a field that you think is handy, if the field is not exactly what you want, then create a new one. So in terms of new fields, define the fields you need, then the formula, and lets not mention Lot No. again. I can see now the possiblility that maybe you want either a/ To generate a new Item number based on certain paramaters, or b/ you need to deine further information for use somewhere such as in a sales order.

quote:

Its like a Chinese water torture trying to get information here, is it a secret? What you are trying to do? Firstly, it deos look like you are trying to reuse the wrong field for something new. Lesson one: If you need a new field in Navision then create it. DO NOT EVER use a field that you think is handy, if the field is not exactly what you want, then create a new one. So in terms of new fields, define the fields you need, then the formula, and lets not mention Lot No. again. I can see now the possiblility that maybe you want either a/ To generate a new Item number based on certain paramaters, or b/ you need to deine further information for use somewhere such as in a sales order.
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2005 Jun 14 : 11:58:45

I know that i maybe need a new field, but i am doing this work in a test database, so no harm!! I am just looking of this is possible [^] I will try it one more time: We are working with belts and we have standard splicing. To cut the belt wright, you need to cut more than the customer needs. That extra more is a standard extra length for a splice. That standard extra length must be count up at the length of the belt. So if the length of the belt is 3400 mm and the standard extra length for the chosen splice is 105, then the length in the Bom component for the belt is 3505! This 3505 must be shown on the print of the production order! But how can i make this possible? I can make that the standard extra length is count up by the same line (item2), but the standard extra length has to be count up by the length of the belt (item 1 and masteritem), that’s the line above. There can only be one masteritem and almost always the masteritem is the belt.

See, like water torture, its low but finally you extract the important information. Perserverence wins every time. I have a client that daoes exactly this, i.e. they produce belts. Basically I developer an AddOn for them that handles this. In this case, the belt’s Production BOM has a factor that is uesd to calculate the reqired raw material, e.g. Len*1.05+.01 and then this is used in Consumption. There is a lot more to it than just this, such as raw material valuation, reservations by belt length, the list goes on. The client maintains ownnership rights to the AddOn, but they areinterested in distributing it, and I do plan to work with them on it, so if you are interested, please contact me.