Last direct cost --> Direct unit cost

In a Purchase order line, Navision automatically retrieves the cost from the Last Direct Cost field in the Item table. We don’t like this very much and would like Navision to retrieve the Direct Unit Cost field instead. Does anyone faces the same problem, and perhaps have a solution for it?

Hi Michiel You are in the costing arena here which is a big big change! However I presume you are set with a costing method of FIFO (?) - have you ever thought of moving to standard costing, then it will bring the standard cost rather than the last direct cost. Any costing implications as well as being a massive consideration in software change will also impact on all areas of the business. Please discuss this issue thoroughly internally before making any moves in any direction.

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
I presume you are set with a costing method of FIFO (?)

Hi Steven, No, I don’t. Standard costing is the method, and (as you can read in Navision help) Last Direct Cost is retrieved in new Purchase Order Lines. Or is there a hidden switch? [:p]

HI Michiel My mistake [:I] I must have been dreaming it did this, or maybe it was in an earlier veriosn, or maybe it was in a different piece of software I have had experience with in the past! I would have expected the standard cost to be taken, but on purchases it seems it always uses the last direct cost. You would have to look at modifying this as there is no flag or setting change available. As an alternative you could enter a direct unit cost against the item vendor record - becasue if this exists it will always use this - is that a viable alternative?

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
As an alternative you could enter a direct unit cost against the item vendor record - becasue if this exists it will always use this - is that a viable alternative?

Mmmh, I saw this too. That would mean we always have to enter the Direct Cost twice. People don’t like extra work [:D]. Perhaps someone else has a bright idea?

The next bright idea will involve coding and money - always use the standard functionality if possible. In reality they only enter the direct unit cost once - leave it blank on the item card - you are just putting it in a different place, simple and giving you your desired result [:D]