Lanham Security Management Add-on

Looking for Feedback on this add-on - V3.6 EndUser. Thank you.

Pretty slick. I even prefer the Lanham version over the standard Navision. Very user friendly. Just make sure your NSC have Lanham do the merging - Lanham charges a fixed rate to have the objects merged.

Yes very slick, as long as you don’t mess around with your setup too much, and you have created the means to move your setup from one company to another. This is an add on that you will want to test in a test database first, and not use in production until you fully understand how to use it.

quote:

This is an add on that you will want to test in a test database first, and not use in production until you fully understand how to use it.
Originally posted by DenSter - 2005 Dec 05 : 05:26:37

Isn’t that true with anything though [:I]

Sorry I didn’t realize you had replied… Of course it is true to test before you move anything to production. With this add-on though when you install the solution it creates new objects and modifies existing standard objects that can only be restored with a developer license. It’s not like entering some data that doesn’t work that you can delete and then you retry with different data. I have seen cases where some tables were selected, installed, and then later they changed their minds and removed the tables from the setup and replace them with other tables. The history and security functions remain in the first set of tables (i.e. the installation process does not remove unchecked selections in existing objects) and will cause all sorts of errors in production. I am just saying that this particular add-on is very nice and slick and I really like its potential, but because it works with objects rather than just data, it has a big bite if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing. User friendly? Yes once you know what you’re doing. Setting it up is NOT user friendly though. Intuitive? Heck no, not on your life :slight_smile: Unless of course you have written a manual that actually describes the whole system with correct screenshots.