Label Printing

We are trying to print inventory labels on a Zebra Direct Thermal Printer. We can get it to print, but the labels are 4"W x 2"H and we can’t customize the paper size within Navision. The best we have been able to do is use an envelope size, (110mm x 230mm)and radically adjust the marins so that the information fits on the label, but then the printer skips a label each time to acommodate the large margins. Is there any way to create a custom paper size, or eliminate the wasted labels? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, You can customize the paper size in priter driver itself, one of my client is doing the same. They have labels for which they dont have the paper size specified in Navision, hence they modified the printer driver and they specify their own paper size. Thanks Best regards Suresh.

In my experience the best way of handeling label printers, is to write printer specific text files, and then “copy” them to the printer. We use different types of label printers, but I use text files for all of them. for Zebra and Eltron (now aquired by Zebra) you can popentially use Lanham & Associates Label writer in Navision. It is pretty slick, and can popentially be handed off to a super user to design the labels.

quote:

Originally posted by rnjbng
Hi, You can customize the paper size in priter driver itself, one of my client is doing the same. They have labels for which they dont have the paper size specified in Navision, hence they modified the printer driver and they specify their own paper size. Thanks Best regards Suresh.

… in which case it is important to let the labelprinter stand as “Default” in each clients OS.

Thanks for all your help. Parker