Label files

Hi, After creating and filling label files in a test environment, is it possible to copy the files in to the production environment or do i have to create new label files and fill them from scratch?

Hi. It should be ok to just copy the *.ald file from development to production. Peter

Hi … and delete the .ali (label index files) these will be re-built when starting AOS / APP Pirmin

does that mean that new labels added to the labelfile will only be available to other users after a restart of the AOS/APP

Hi, well as far as i know… YES u need to restart AOS / APP. Otherwise u wont be able to see them (cache) and im not sure if they are locked. I always stop AOS before and restart after ! Pirmin

quote:

Originally posted by geuko
Hi, After creating and filling label files in a test environment, is it possible to copy the files in to the production environment or do i have to create new label files and fill them from scratch? Hi, You can copy the labelfiles. First you have to stop the AOS from the testenvironment and the AOS from the production environment. Look in the Axapta applicationdirectory for files named axXXXll.al*. Replace XXX by the labelfilecode, ll means language (* stands for (*.alc, *.ald, *.ali). Copy these files. Since A3.0 it is also possible to create a project in Axapta and then export labels (also) and import it in production.

quote:

Originally posted by geuko
Hi, After creating and filling label files in a test environment, is it possible to copy the files in to the production environment or do i have to create new label files and fill them from scratch?

Hi, No, luckily it is possible; would cost us a lot of time if we had to do so. There are 2 possibilities: 1. If you are using an AOS; stop the AOS (both test+production). Start Windows explorer and navigate to the Axapta Application folder. Go to the concerning application (subfolder). Here you will find some *.ald, .alc and .ali files. Name = ax.al (=code labelfile,=language) ald=labeldata, alc=cache?, ali=index file. Copy all concerning \ ax.al files (or only .ald) to the new applicationdir. Restart AOS-es. 2. In Axapta 3.0 there is the possibility to export labels also from a project and import it elsewhere. Then only labels related to the project are exported Success! Maurice Ars, Pulse Automation Experts bv (NL)