Job Queue Error Popping Up.

I know absolutely nothing about setting up a Job Queue and have been playing around trying to get one to run. I have the first screen setup running a report at Earliest Start Time->03/05/09 at Midnight.

When I go to the second screen Recurrence and click on any day it doesn’t matter. Monday, Tuesday, etc. I get this pop up error and have no clue what it wants.

Error:

Recurring Job must not be No in Job Queue Entry ID={F5515B02-B6CD-44DC-87F3-588AD3BAC380}’.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi Greg,

All this is saying it that you cannot tick any day if you do not have the “Recurrung Job” ticked. It’s a user interface thing - you would expect that these controls would be make inactive if the “Recurrung Job” is not ticked. The ID is a GUID generated for the Job entry - you will see this if you zoom (Ctrl+F8)

Actually, when checking the code in the OnValidate triggers of those fields then the “recurring” must be set to yes !!!

TESTFIELD("Recurring Job");

LOL…
Well, it says: “Recurring Job must NOT be NO…”
So i guess that’s the same…

Don’t you just love messages that are straight forward. [:D]

Yeah… the “respect the warning” prompt still gives me a chuckle [:D]

Thanks for all the great responses.

Greg

Okay I set it up to run everyday at 11:00 am and set it to Ready. I checked the Job log entry and there’s nothing in there.

The job never ran. What else am I missing??

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi Greg,

From version 5.0 the job queue requires a NAS to be installed/configured to run.

Hi Greg,

It stands for Nav(ision) Application Server which is a service that runs on the server. This acts as a Nav client without a user interface and the Job Queue uses this to process the jobs

Thanks Dave.

Greg

Hi Greg,

If you want to try it out in a test environment the these is installation instructions as part of the ADCS install guide in the Doc directory of the product DVD (w1w1InstADCS.pdf)

As always Glad to Help [:D]