Item Variant unit cost not updating from SKU card

Hi, anyone come across this one before, did a search but found nothing. Using 3.60 create a variant and go to the the SKU card which is automatically created upon creating the item variant, enter a unit cost and last direct cost on the SKU card, if you then go back to the item variant, the unit cost is not updated ie/ still 0.00, it will allow you to change this to match the SKU unit cost, but when you then change the SKU unit cost again and try to change the item variant unit cost it won’t allow you to, message pops up saying to update it on the SKU card, but of course updating it on the SKU card doesn’t update the item variant unit cost - aa a result when entering a sales line for the variant it is picking up the wrong unit cost (variant unit cost) and not the SKU unit cost - am I missing something here or have I discovered a bug? Any help is much appreciated. - Mike

Hi Mike The variant is a differentiator of the same item, the classic Navision example being the colour. When you set up a variant in standard Navision against the item card you define the variant and the variant description. The variant is not reliant on thE SKU, and I believe is independent of it.

quote:

create a variant and go to the the SKU card which is automatically created upon creating the item variant

This does not happen in standard Navision I believe. It sounds as though you have had some modifications in this area, but I cannot be sure as you maybe referencing processes I am not associating with you. Just tell me what yo usee in the variant table off the item card and how you do this. You may well have found a bug, but it maybe one your NSC created [:D]

Hi Steven, Thanks for your quick response, you are quite correct, it is a modification, I will take it up with the developer. Cheers! Mike