Item Unit

Hello,

Can someone guide me that how to add “Unit Column” in product Master in AX 2012…?

Regards,

Ally

You have them on Released product form.

Purchase unit - In Purchase fast tab, sales unit - In Sell tab, inventory unit - in Manage Inventory tab.

Dear Kranthi,

My Users want to see that Unit Column on Main Item Master Form…Please advise.

Ally

Please elaborate.

Dear Kranthi,

While entering the new item from Released Product, my user wants to see the “Unit” Column on the main Form. Like there is Item Number, Product Name, Search Name, Product Type, Product subtype and so on, same like Unit Column needs to be appear. Hope this will clear my object.

Ally

As kranthi said , we have the Purchase unit - In Purchase fast tab, sales unit - In Sell tab, inventory unit - in Manage Inventory tab in Axapta .

Do you need to add the 3 fields or only inventory unit ?

Right click on the Released product master list page - > Click on the add fields ( select the fields which you required ) and Save .

You have it.(click on show more fields)

Lally i’ve did the same exercise, but there is no “Item Unit” field . And below is the item master form, where i wanna add that field.

Please check the below screen shots of AX 2009 and 2012, where the unit is appear in 2009 but in 2012 the unit is not appear, i want the same in AX 2012, Any Solution or i have to go customization…?

It wont appear in AX 2009(it might has been changed), you can go with user specific personalization or if it needs for all the users you can go with a customization(by bringing the field to the grid)

It wont appear even in AX 2009(it might has been changed), you can go with user specific personalization or if it is needed for all the users you can go with a customization(by adding the field to the grid)