Item Transfer / Quantity Change

Hello (Attain 3.10 / 3.60) I have a T.O for Qty 300 I ship Qty 250 I receive Qty 250 I then re-open the T.O. to reflect the [Qty] to equal 250. This T.O. is complete, and I will not ship/receive anymore. How do I close/complete this T.O.? Thanks Chris

A few more points. I tried deleting (F4) the order, only to be told I coulnd’t because the order is a partial. I changed the original quantity to 250 - it therefor is not a partial anymore. I then tried changing the Shipping Advise to Complete (from Partial). I then tried deleting the TO again, only to be told again that the order is a partial. Thanks Chris

quote:

Originally posted by CHRISRI70
A few more points. I tried deleting (F4) the order, only to be told I coulnd’t because the order is a partial. I changed the original quantity to 250 - it therefor is not a partial anymore. I then tried changing the Shipping Advise to Complete (from Partial). I then tried deleting the TO again, only to be told again that the order is a partial.

Shipping Advise should have nothing to do with what you are trying to accomplish. On the TO header there are two booleans “Completely Shipped” and “Completely Received”. They are clearly handled by the posting code unit. To change the quantity to tranfer after the posting doesn’t affect the abovesaid fields and the TO is not recognized as completed even though if it is. [}:)] Navision smartness! [:D] Anna

So Anna, Whats the answer? How do you close a TO that is completed, if Navision doesn’t recognize it as such?

quote:

Originally posted by CHRISRI70
So Anna, Whats the answer? How do you close a TO that is completed, if Navision doesn’t recognize it as such?

I’m afraid you don’t. [xx(] Actually the order is close. Nothing remains to be handled. It just sits there, maybe annoying, but essentially unharming, as an advise for the future - “remember to change the quantity before posting the receiving”. Anna

Hi

quote:

Originally posted by Anna Perotti [br … Actually the order is close. Nothing remains to be handled. It just sits there, maybe annoying, but essentially unharming, as an advise for the future - “remember to change the quantity before posting the receiving”. …

Hmmm [:(]. Is this really the only solution? IMHO there is an error in the code of Transfer Line. **OnDelete()** TestStatusOpen; IF (("Outstanding Quantity" > 0) OR ("Outstanding Qty. (Base)" > 0)) AND **(** ("Quantity Shipped" > 0) OR ("Qty. Shipped (Base)" > 0) OR ("Quantity Received" > 0) OR ("Qty. Received (Base)" > 0) **)** THEN ERROR( Text000, TABLECAPTION); Fill the red brackets in your code. Then you can delete your TO if Outstanding Quantity" and “Outstanding Qty. (Base)” = 0 [8D]. bye André

quote:

Hmmm [:(]. Is this really the only solution?

Well, it is the only solution which an “End-User Beginner” can carry by himself. Actually, an other one might be to re-open the TO, add a unity to the Quantity, Sell and Receive it, then make an other Transfer Order to move the exceeding quantity back … I would prefere the neverending TO, if I were him! [:p]

quote:

IMHO there is an error in the code of Transfer Line.

Indeed! [:)] Anna

Hi Anna

quote:

Originally posted by Anna Perotti
… Actually, an other one might be to re-open the TO, add a unity to the Quantity, Sell and Receive it, then make an other Transfer Order to move the exceeding quantity back … …

This is not always a good choice [:(]. If you track your delivery numbers (e.g. for tax reasons) you can’t create TO’s as you want. bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB This is not always a good choice [:(]. If you track your delivery numbers (e.g. for tax reasons) you can’t create TO’s as you want.

I agree, but then, if you haven’t a developer license, there’s little else that you can do besides wait for Microsoft to take care of it. With some luck, the error you detected will be corrected by a SP. They might even provide a cleaning-up procedure as they already have for SO, PO and so on. Anna

Hi Anna Let’s see what Chris says. Perhaps he is able to solve this minor problem. Otherwise he might ask his NSC for this. Our code is corrected [8D]. bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Hi Anna Let’s see what Chris says. Perhaps he is able to solve this minor problem. Otherwise he might ask his NSC for this.

Of course! Actually I was arguing just to get to 100! [8D]

quote:

Our code is corrected [8D].

Ours will be soon, thanks to you! [:)] Anna

Most of the application areas behave in the same way.For example, a purchse order can not get short closed, once a partial shipment and invoicing, are effected. Can MBS/Navision try to incorporate such a feature which helps a partially received and Invoiced PO(partially shipped and invoiced SO) get closed, if the user desires so?