Item Tracking with Transfer Orders

Version 3.01B on SQL Can an Item with Item Tracking (serial nos) which has been transferred to a location using a Transfer Order be shipped from that Location using the same serial numbers?. When I try to link the serial number to the sales line I get the message “Item Tracking Line already exists”. The customer wishes to transfer finished product to another location and then ship it from there while still maintaining item tracking.

Hi Damian I have just processed one through in 3.10 and everything was fine. I received serial SW144 into the BLUE location, processed a transfer journal to the GREEN location (can you tell I am using Cronus [;)]) where I specified the serial number in the shipment. Loaded a sales order on the green location and could happily pick serial number SW144 - ship and invoice. Check the item ledger entries - is the serial number an open transaction on the location you are trying to sell it from? Do you see the in and out at the location you transferred it from? There are lots of issues with lot tracking, especially in 3.10, but this seemed to work fine for me - unless you are processing this through differently?

It worked when I deleted the sales line and re-entered, I think the error was because I had originally just changed the location code on the Sales Header and on the Sales Line. In creation of a new line the error disappeared. Thanks for the reply.

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Damian I have just processed one through in 3.10 and everything was fine. I received serial SW144 into the BLUE location, processed a transfer journal to the GREEN location (can you tell I am using Cronus [;)]) where I specified the serial number in the shipment. Loaded a sales order on the green location and could happily pick serial number SW144 - ship and invoice. Check the item ledger entries - is the serial number an open transaction on the location you are trying to sell it from? Do you see the in and out at the location you transferred it from? There are lots of issues with lot tracking, especially in 3.10, but this seemed to work fine for me - unless you are processing this through differently?