Item Replenish

Hi
I am focusing to learn Navision. Even I am studying manuals.
Is it possible to replenish items location wise.
If yes then can throw some explanations.
Is it need to create stock keeping unit . other wise it item card is enough
So How it is possible to replenish item location wise.
I am expecting as many as solutions.

Thanks and regards

You need to look at the planning tab of the item card.

If you have one main location that you buy and sell from just use the item card. If you need to trigger transfers between locations you need to set up the replenishment rules on each SKU card.

Once this is all set and you have demand you run the replenishment worksheet to get suggestions for transfers or purchases.

After reading u r valuable solution I think in this way.

For example If I have 4 locations and 2 items.

That means Blue , red , green, white Locations and item A , Item B.

Then Do I want create 8 times. That means Item A at Blue

Item A at red, Item A at White, Item A at green. In Stock keeping unit. And in the same way for Item B.

Then I need to set up parameters in Replenishment Tab.

While run the Requisition worksheet I need to select Item A and Location Blue.

Then system caluaclate plan on the basis of SKU.

Could u tell that the above process correct or not ?

Do I need to set up some more.

Thanks and regards.

You are close enough to set it up and try to achieve what you want and come back with more questions. [:D]

If you only have one main location in reality then I would advise against the use of SKU’s there is a large overhead here.

From your perspective set it up initially without SKU’s, test it, understand it, then overlay SKU’s on top. Start simple, then advance!

Thanks Adam Roue,

I am working on cronus sp3 data base. I selected one item 70001 in item card. It has 4350 qty.

It does not have any parameters in planning tab.

I checked SKU for this item It has 3 Sku with Blue location, Yellow , red.

In yellow locationitem qty is 15.

In SKU planning tab I filled like this Reorder qtry = 100

Now i created one sales order 100 for this item with yellow location.

When run Requisition worksheet with this item location yellow . It does not show any requirement.

when run caluclate plan what enter the information in requistion worsheet is deleteing.

what is problem .

How to replenish item location wise .

what i have to do to get my requiremnt.

thanks and regards

Create a new item, that has no SKU’s, then set the settings and load demand and calculate replenishment. You have to be able to understand it at a base level first, walk before you run if you like.

What is the problem, could be many things, what is the reordering policy?

Thanks Mr. Adam,

I Understood the Planning Tab in Item card with your Valuable suggestions after reading this query

Planning tab in Dynamics user group. I could understand at item card level.

I need to understand at SKU level.

I had taken Item 70001 in SKU at Yellow location. I set up reorder point =100, reorder quantity = 150,

With fixed reordering policy.

The item qty = 15 at yellow location.

I created sales order for this Item with Yellow location of Qty = 200.

When run caluaclate plan in requisition worksheet the line is deleteling what I enter in requisition worksheet.

Even I checked Purchsed order. It did not create any P.Order.

Is it possible to create item replenish lication wise with out creating SKU.

If yes what is the solution .

Could u throw some light on this query.

Thanks and regards

What do you mean by this phrase: “When run caluaclate plan in requisition worksheet the line is deleteling what I enter in requisition worksheet” Do you mean nothing is appearing when you run the calcualte plan? You will need to tell me the field settings on the item and SKU card for item 70001, list the relevant planning ones for me please. Yes it is possible to create item replenishment planning without SKU’s. What is your “Components at Location” setting in the manufacturing setup, and how are you testing this scenarion without SKU’s? Essentially Navision plans perfectly without SKU’s, you just do not get suggestions to move between locations. If you have a sales order for 100 at Yellow, and a sales order for 50 at Blue and you have reorder points of 0 and 0 stock it will tell you to purchase 100 at Yellow and 50 at Blue.

1. What do you mean by this phrase: “When run caluaclate plan in requisition worksheet the line is deleteling what I enter in requisition worksheet” Do you mean nothing is appearing when you run the calcualte plan? Answer : - Yes. It is not showing any thing2. You will need to tell me the field settings on the item and SKU card for item 70001, list the relevant planning ones for me please.Answer :- In SKU at Yellow location Item 70001 = 15. Now I setup in SKUFixed Reordering policy.Reorder point = 50 , Reorder qty = 150,I did not setup any parameters in Item card.I created a sales order itam 70001 , qty = 100, location = yellow.3. Yes it is possible to create item replenishment planning without SKU’s. Answer : - Could throw what is the process to replenish location wise.4. What is your “Components at Location” setting in the manufacturing setup ?Answer : – I did not setup any location. It is blank.Note :- My client is not using manufacturing. It is trade firm.‘Then how to setup.5. how are you testing this scenarion without SKU’s?.Answer :- For Item 70001 has 3 SKU’s at Blue, At green, At yellow= 15.6. If you have a sales order for 100 at Yellow, and a sales order for 50 at Blue and you have reorder points of 0 and 0 stock it will tell you to purchase 100 at Yellow and 50 at Blue. Answer : - For the above secenario I created an Item , at First done positive adjustments for this item at Blue = 10, at yellow = 10.In item card I did not setup any parameters.Even it is not showing any thing.Please could throw some steps directly with out consider my example.How to replenish location wise item with SKU, and With out SKU.Please please……………………….Thanks and regards
  1. What do you mean by this phrase: “When run caluaclate plan in requisition worksheet the line is deleteling what I enter in requisition worksheet” Do you mean nothing is appearing when you run the calcualte plan?

Answer : - Yes. It is not showing any thing

1. You will need to tell me the field settings on the item and SKU card for item 70001, list the relevant planning ones for me please.

Answer :- In SKU at Yellow location Item 70001 = 15. Now I setup in SKUFixed Reordering policy.Reorder point = 50 , Reorder qty = 150,I did not setup any parameters in Item card.I created a sales order itam 70001 qty = 100, location = yellow.

1. Yes it is possible to create item replenishment planning without SKU’s.

Answer : - Could throw what is the process to replenish location wise

1. What is your “Components at Location” setting in the manufacturing setup ?

Answer : – I did not setup any location. It is blank. Note :- If My client is not using manufacturing. It is trade firm.‘Then how to setup.

1. how are you testing this scenarion without SKU’s?. Answer :- For Item 70001 has 3 SKU’s at Blue, At green, At yellow= 15

2. If you have a sales order for 100 at Yellow, and a sales order for 50 at Blue and you have reorder points of 0 and 0 stock it will tell you to purchase 100 at Yellow and 50 at Blue.

Answer : - For the above secenario I created an Item , at First done positive adjustments for this item at Blue = 10, at yellow = 10.In item card I did not setup any parameters.Even it is not showing any thing.

.Please could throw some steps directly with out consider my example.How to replenish location wise item with SKU, and With out SKU.

please……………………….

Thanks and regards

Set the components at location setting to your main location, then re-test everything and tell me your problems.

This defines for Navision the main location as you are not using SKU’s. If you leave it blank Navision does not know how to plan, and therefore does not.

With SKU’s all the settings come from the SKU record.

You will however how to create demand to trigger it. Having a new item with a reorder point is not enough load a sales order, this sees demand and then plans. There is nothing driving your stock below the reorder point, you have created a ficticious environment that in reality would never happen. Navision plans to demand, so you need something to buy for, a reorder point is not enough by itself.

In Manufact. Set up components at location is Blank. I did not select any location.

Mt problem is how to replenish item location wise.

Please give what are the setups I need to do. How to do?

Please…………………

Thanks and regards

Please read my post again. It MUST NOT be blank, this is your first issue!

thanks,

For example some companies not using manufacturing.

If it is trade firm. It has 3 locations. Just they purchase, sale, transfer to another locations.

So for this How to setup.

Just throw one example how to solve this problem.

Please consider one example.

Thanks and regards

Put ANY of the three in! Just DO NOT leave it blank!

The field maybe in the “manufacturing” set up but it is used by any company using planning, whether they use manufacturing or not.

I am Not understanding one thing . suppose a trade firm did not buy manufacturing Granule . How can they get that field “components at location.”

Please throw some example to replenish item.

Thanks and regards

Hi

It does not matter, they get rights. If you have a license that is configured in this manner you will see they still have access to the manufacturing setup file.

Thanks,

Could u throw some example .

I have item PEN. 3 Locations . with zero quantiy.

Now please told what are the steps I need to take.

Please throw some baby steps to solve this problem.

Please understand this fresher problem.

Please thow some setups . How to fill replenish parametes.

These steps will show you how it works. I WILL NOT use SKU’s in this example.

I have defined your locations as A, B and C

1. Set the components at location = “A”
  2. On the item card “PEN” set the Reordering Policy = Fixed Reorder Policy
  3. On the item card “PEN” set the Order Multiple = 50
  4. Create a new sales order. On the lines order the following:
    Location A = 30 Units
    Location B = 50 Units
    Location C = 70 Units
  5. On the requisition worksheet filter for the item PEN
  6. On the requisition worksheet options tab define the order date as T and set the end date to the end of the year (after you delivery date anyway)

You will receive three lines: 50, 50, and 70. You receive 70 because the item modifiers are only used at the main location, location “A”. But your issue currently is you get nothing, so lets not go any further at this point, just get to this stage!

**Thanks for u r valuable help,I Create a new sales order. On the lines order the following:
**Location A = 30 Units, Location B = 50 Units ,Location C = 70 Units
**And set the Reordering Policy = Fixed Reorder Policy, set the Order Multiple = 50 for this item.****When I run R.W it showing 50 quantiy at location Blue. Why it is showing 50 for Blue location.****Could u explain what is the use of Order multiple field in item card.****For remaing locations it’s working properly.****Could u explain please why it showing like this.**And tested Even I had not select any option in Componet at location, Order multiple. **it showing reuirement according to sales order. Why.****Could u explain .**Thanks and regards