Item Re-packing

Hi,

This is very urgent

Our client receives Purchasing items from Vendors in NOS(UOM). Before Posting the GRN items are repacked into Packs.So we need to break the Nos into Packs and the Item tracking should be based on the Number of Packs & Not based on Qty field in Purchase Order.

Please help me on the above

Regards

Narayan

First u need to define the base unit of measure is NOs.Then u need to go to item card – Item( Menu button) - Unit of measure.Here u can define 1 pack = how many Nos.Then go to purchase order in unit of measure field enter “Pack “ and enter quantity.When it comes to unit cost u should enter based on the Pack , not on the Nos.This is simple solution .Let’s see what experts will say on this issue……….

Hi,

Thnx for the reply but

When we do item tracking lines it fetches from Quantity field in Purchase Order Line and not from the Packed UOM

rEGARDS

nARAYAN

Hi Narayan,

If this is urgent, then please contact product support at Microsoft. This is a community of volunteers, and we do not charge you for support. But please don’t expect people to drop everything to support your client, especially when you are the one that collects the money.

Feel free to ask questions, but please in future, do not expect the forum to be a replacement for CHARGEABLE suport from the Vendor.

Hi,

Sorry for the same

Just advice me whether it is available or to be customized.

If you are repacking prior to the GRN you will never receive what you ordered. Why are you not booking the goods in you purchase then capturing the value add elemnet you provide, or better still buy them in the correct packs.

Hi,

Thnx for your reply

The problem with this is for example

We receive 100 Nos of Qty X Purchase Order will be raised for 100 Nos after receipt of goods before entering into stock item are re-packed for consumption. It may be for Pack of 10 - 10 it means they are repackd with 10 nos in on pack. Now they are having serial nos like Pack of 10 -SN 1-10 so 1 number to be generated for one pack.

I hope u understand

Guide me in this regard

Regards

Narayan

Yes I understand, you buy one item, turn it into something completely different PRIOR to booking it in and are having issues reconciling the system between what you order and what you have in stock.

Did you understand my questions because you did not answer them [:D]

Hi,

We dont have an issue n reconciling the thing is whether can we break the UOM with item tracking based on packs before or after posting the Receipts.

As before, if you break teh UOM prior to receiving you are not altering the system, you must then book the item in as the finished form, which will affect the PO. If you transform the goods after receipt you need to capture the value add and the cost, therefore costing the transformation correctly.

Remember it is YOU that are adding in teh step referred to as “after” receipt and “before” booking in - this status does not exist in NAV, therefore your business processes have to reflect what you are doing, or you modify the system to create this status.

Hi,

Please tell me how to go about this? How to break with Number series?

Regards

Narayan

Modify it I cannot really post that but you will not answer my questions or explain further and I do not know what answer you are looking for, perhaps this is it, so modify the system to do what you want it to do ok?