Item Quantity Breaks

Hi

Can anyone advise on the following

We often need to provide costings of qty’s breaks for the same item.

example
finished item cost for qty of 10/50/100

Now we all know that the more you buy the cheaper the finsihed item. but the problem i see is having to change the cost of the component part line in the sim prod order. This is all well if the component lines are about 5 lines but when there is a list of 30 compoents on each sim prod order there is a lot of changing to be done.

so at the moment the procedure is as follows as i understand it to be

i need to cost for quantity of 10/50/100

raise 1 sim prod order for qty 10>edit cost on each individual component lines (30 components)
raise 2nd sim prod order for qty 50> again edit cost on each individual component lines
raise 3rd sim prod order for qty 100 > same as above

as you can see there is quite a bit of work here. I have tried to work out if i could use the sale prices and purchase prices but they only apply to sales and purchase orders as expected!

Any advice on how i could reduce my work load would be great.

thanks

a. There are two ways to look at it this issue. U shud be buying in bulk , I mean Raw Material here, which makes u think that cost of FG wud be less if production is mass.

b. and the other way to look at it is u save a lot of money in ur routings reason being machines setup time is same irrespective of qty manufactured in a lot. So making change of this kind on routing lines will make sense.

In either case I do not think NAV has the provision to make this mass change through some batch job. You can get it customized by creating a report or something which u run from that interface and will change the cost for ur simulation. But u need to check if u need make this change at Item’s cost level or Routing’s cost level.