Item Master

Good Day All,#### How to Achieve Following Scenario in Axapta…####

Item Number Item Group Item Make Model Item Type#### 001 RAM DDR TRANSCEND 1Gb 0023 ITEM#### INTEL 2Gb 0024 ITEM

DDR 2INTEL 1Gb 0025 ITEM#### TRANSCEND 2Gb 0026 ITEM

DDR 3 INTEL 1Gb 0027 ITEM#### TRANSCEND 2Gb 0028 ITEM#### Many More Combination of above Etc.

so how to Create Many conbination With Item as we are doing Project for I T Comapany who are in to Manufacturing as well as in Retail.#### if i Make Diffrent Item For Each Combination then I May have more then 2,00,000 Item and Every day i have to Make new item as in Information Technology " what is new today is Old for Tomorrow" Right ? so If tomorrow DDR 4 RAM Comes then i have to make another item.#### this is RAM…Just Think for Mouse, keyboard, server, flash drive, dvd drive, computer, laptop,printer and many more I T Stuffs Etc…just think where my material master end.#### in Sales order when i click “item group” then it should ask for “item” then “make” then “model”.#### is it possible to achieve this ?#### anybody has any idea how to deal with the Problem.#### Thanking YOu.####

I believe product builder is your only real option at this level of configuration. You basically get to chose the DDR, then make, then model, this would all relate down to an item, but you would need to put this into product builder as a configured item with all of the rule sets and choices I believe.

Unfortunately Adam, We have Puchased atmost every license… but we didn’t go for Production builder.

and also How Product builder helps us in Item Master…because as far as i know product builder is good with Enterprise portal. isn’t it ?

Thanks

Nope Product Builder has nothing to do with Enterprise Portal. It allows you at the sales entry point, against ONE item record to ask a series of questions, what make, what model, what RAM etc and givien these answers it will build you an item specific BOM for the answer to the questions. Ultimately it is a configurator. I believe to achieve what you need without creating thousands of item numbers for each configuration then you would need this, at least to assess it and decide - bit unsure how you could have got through presales and not bought it if it is critical to the business.

We have Our Own Develpoer who have Created Whole ERP with KPI/KRA, Dashboard, Balance Card Etc over Periods of 10 Years. but they are not able to build MRP, Schedule Planning, Etc.

so we have decided to use Standard Product as the developer needs to develope and Maintain so many things in a day to run Inhouse made ERP Precisely and Correctly… and If Data Mismatch…they just go to Database and Adjust what ever needed…I hope You got what it is ?

I Just Recently Joint and Working as Project Leader to Implement Axapta 2009 and I have always work with Manufacturing Company.this is My First I T company…

Thanking You.