Issue related to route piece rate in route screen

Dear All,

Need a urgent help… i have client requirement …For Example

i have a FG BOm item for which there BOM and Route say

(FG item) FG1 uom NOs===> RM1 1 uom Nos (BOM)

===> operation 10 (Route) (powerding opeartion)

Cost of this operation is calculated on based on the powerding done on the raw material example RM1 which is steel sheet .The size of sheet is per 1 no is 0.6 feet X 0.7 feet = 0.42 Sqft

For processing powdering 1sqft it cost 82 inr ,

i create a Production order for 100 nos and start the same…

Now i do the route card journal for operation 10, as 100 qty so the process cost should be calculated as below

100 X 0.42 X 82 =3444

Which am not able to map in AX 2009 . Please let me know if any body has come with such case. Thanks.

Regards,

Venugopal

+919986186682

Hi,

Welcome to DUG [:)]

And however urgent your query is, please do not multi-post.

Hi Harish,

Am really Sorry … i was not sure to which group i need to put…so i posted in all the 3 groups…next time this will not happen… Thanks.

Regards,

Venugopal

Have you looked at the quantity cost category in the routing step?

i tried that it didnt work… i defined qty cost category as QtyCost 82 Inr/sqft but my case to create 1 FG it takes 0.42 sqft powdering process…

can we define some factor at the operation level so that when i book 100 nos of FG1 it should calculate as 100 X 0.42X 82 = 3444

Thanks.

Regards,

Venugopal

Why are you insisting on 82 as the cost, this is not your cost per 1, your cost per 1 is 34.44, so if you entered this cost it would work. You are using a cost per sheet that is not reflective of the relationship between the quantitiy used per one of the parent, so make the cost reflect what you are doing.

Cost of powdering per sqft is 82 , so the cost will depend the measure of each FG say example FG1 would have covered area 0.42 sqft where as FG2 covered area 0.54 sqft then cost of same operation for will be different FG1 it will be 82X 0.42 x 1 = 0.34.44 per no where as FG2 82 X 0.54 X 1 =44.28 i dont want to define cost for each FG , it should be generic cost per sqft for that operation.

Regards,

Venugopal

+919986186682

Then you should use the costing sheet and add an indirect cost on the material (assuming you consume 0.42 in the consumption of the product to make the parent). Not this will be seen as an indirect cost consumed within the cost of the finished item, not where your original question came from.

In my case… the system should be able to calculate the cost if the cost is defined for 1 sqft bcos client is not ready to define cost for each operation as they have cost

for 1 unit , they want to define the cost factor in operation and map cost category and according cost should be calculated . Can we do something like that … Thanks.

Regards,

Venugopal

If you choose not to use the standard options then naturally you need to modify the system to achieve what you want to achieve - even though the system can actually do it two ways you are rejecting this in favour of a modification for “ease”. Remember this if any cost postings fail to work correctly.