Is Navision already gone?

Hello, Apparently there was an announcement from Microsoft Business Solutions yesterday to the effect that the name ‘Attain’ will no longer be used. The Navision product lines are now going to be called Microsoft Navision and Microsoft Axapta…

Yep, I’ve just read it - Attain is simply Navision now. In the same document, MS have pledged to continue strongly supporting the existing lines, inlcuding Navision.

Anything on what XAL, AXAPTA, C4/C5 and FINANCIALS will be?

This is about as detailed as it gets:

quote:

For that reason, Microsoft Business Solutions is committed to continuing to invest in and enhance all editions of the Microsoft Business Solutions product family including Solomon®, Navision®, Great Plains® and Axapta®.

So I guess it’s Microsoft Business Solutions Navision & Microsoft Business Solutions Axapta. No mention of XAL / C4/C5. Another document list some products and has MBS Financials. The documents were more concerned with general strategies than product specifics. I think more specifics were discussed at the Stampede global partner event in Minneapolis. Was anyone there?

Direct Quote from document 'Stampede 2002 Key Market Changing Intiatives Microsoft Business Solutions September 17-20, 2002 o Branding: A New Microsoft Brand Dedicated to Business Decision Makers § To make its brand even more intuitive for partners and customers, Microsoft Business Solutions today announced new product names for the division’s core heritage product families including Great Plains, Solomon, Navision (formerly Attain) and Axapta. Each solution name leads with the Microsoft Business Solutions brand, identifies the solution category in terms that customers are familiar with and lists the product heritage edition: Microsoft Business Solutions Financials (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Analytics and Reporting (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Inventory and Order Processing (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Human Resources Management (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Professional Services Automation (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Customer Relationship Management (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Field Service (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Manufacturing (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Customization Tools (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Retail Management (edition name) Microsoft Business Solutions Foundation (edition name) can’t see the Attain or Navision name[?]

So where does distribution fit in? So much for a “supply chain” focus. Surely it’s not lumped in with manufacturing…

As far as I understand it then full name of Attain it’s supposed to be: - Microsoft Business Solutions Financials (Navision edition). - Microsoft Business Solutions Field Service (Navision edition) That part is really a little too sick - although I love that they keep the Navision brand around. But I also heard that is renaming is ONLY FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET. At least for now…

Well, these documents were sent out to all UK partners (apparently)… these changes are to take place in the US by the end of the year, and in Europe / Asia Pacific ‘during the course of 2003’.

To Muzzy Dawg / Webmaster. We in the US and I suspect EMEA (Europe, Middle East, & Africa) will still have distribution in both Microsoft Business Solutions Axapta and Microsoft Business Solutions Navision. Distribution is currently part of these products - it will continue to be part of these products. The goals are to extend and enhance the products - thus you will most likely see improvements in all areas including distribution.

Round and round the naming goes and where it stops, nobody knows. Cheers, John

I have to agree with John P. We appear to have come full circle! [?]