Is it true?

In NF 2.60, when you post and invoice one of the orderlines, you can delete this line? One of our clients has done this. I have looked up into the demo-database (german) and it’s true, you can do that. Is this standard-2.60? Michael

By default, this form is not editable.

Well, I tried again in NF 2.60, Form 46, it is possible! After ship and invoice of one order line, you can delete it. An if you go to the posted invoices and the No. printed > 0, you can delete this posted invoice! Michael

Yes, user can delete line if it is invoiced. this is true even for partially shipped and invoiced lines. If line shipped but not invoiced user can not delete the line.

Navision’s logic (as explained to me years ago) is that it does not stop you from deleting posted shipments, receipts, invoices etc. because all the important information is in the ledger entries by then. That is why you should never rely on the posted headers & lines for any reporting. Whether you agree with that logic is another matter but that is what I was told when I was learning the system. Cheers, John

The only users that have permission to delete posted document are users with SUPER Role. Normally should a regular user NEVER have the role SUPER. The only one how should have role SUPER are a ADMIN Account. So for a super user should you give him ALL roles, but not SUPER.

quote:

Originally posted by Per Bay
The only users that have permission to delete posted document are users with SUPER Role. Normally should a regular user NEVER have the role SUPER. The only one how should have role SUPER are a ADMIN Account. So for a super user should you give him ALL roles, but not SUPER.

Yes. But I don’t think the issue is deleting the information from a Posted document, is it? I think the issue is about the Sales Order. I agree that only SUPERs can get in to mess in the Posted data, but in a Sales Order with one line partially or completely shipped ~and~ invoiced, it does allow you to delete it. Then, the next times you post, your Posted Sales Shipments and Invoices will be missing that line. It’s not a problem in an accounting sense because that line already has it’s required Item Ledger entries, and it does not have an amount to change the value of the Shipment or Invoice. We’ve even had a customer argue why the system posts these lines that have already been completed. They maintained that once the line is shipped and invoiced, it should disappear so that it isn’t cluttering up following Shipping or Invoice documents because then some of their customers might think they were getting double billed. shrug It’s 6 of one, a half dozen of the other to me… hehe