is it possible to undo an drop shipment/Receipt ?

is it possible to correct the wrong entries in Drop shipment/receipt?

for example,wrong Tracking lines has been entered at a time of posting and then document with drop shipment option has been posted.i want to correct these wrongly posted entries before invoicing…how can i make it possible…

Not through the undo receipt function. You could go into an opposite document and ‘copy document’ through the functions button.

Hello Andrew Lee,

Thanks for reply.Can you explain me in detail…because i am not aware of creating reverse entries…

Hi

Essentially Andrew is saying you invoice the purchase and sales orders, you then credit them with the appropriate return or credit funcitonality using copy document, and then re-process it through.

I am afraid that drop shipments are not very flexible, and as the receipt auto posts the shipment once this is done there is no way of taking a backwards step!

Hi AdamRoue,

Thanks for giving me the valuable information…my client needs an option to correct the wrong entries before invoicing them…they need a simple way of correcting the wrong entries similar to Undo option available for Special order shipments…

I hope there will be some way to provide this functionality …

I have tried as AdamRroue said ,but while creating Credit memos -tracking lines are not taken properly…only the Quantity part is taken on using the Copy document option…

I think end user need to refer the posted document–>Tracking lines before creating credit memo for it…

I am afraid it is the case that the tracking information is not copied. I believe this is possible in V5.0. You could modify the copy document functionality, alternatively you will need to make changes to the system, I would look at where the tracking information is stored and the implications of allowing the editing of these entries.

Hai AdamRoue

Thanks for reply.I think it is not necessary to create an Invoice and then creating credit memo for posted sale shipment,posted sales Invoice,posted purchase receipt,posted purchase invoice for reversing the drop shipment/Receipt…

I think, we can directly create credit memo for Posted shipment/Receipt (created with drop shipment option)…but, I don’t know how it internally effects the process…