Is it Official ???

I contacted my NTR today, only to be greeted with “Microsoft Business Solutions - formerly known as Navision”. Apparentley, this only happened today, so, is it now all official?? are we all now Microsoft Business Solution Partners ??

Hi Dean I had the same experience, although I can add a bit more. The shares apparently changed hands today, so it is official. Attain, I was told, will be renamed, Microsoft Navision Attain. The end aim is alledgedly to put everything under the Microsoft Business Solutions title, and to this end it was announced the name Great Plains ceases to exist from today (I have not confirmed this). Sounds to much like Prince when he changed to “Symbol - the artist formerly known as Prince” and we all know how his music went downhill after that. Interesting to see what happens under the Microsoft Business Solutions banner and how the end user requests a solution and what they will get. Interesting times ahead Steve

Hello! There is now a press release on the Navision webpage to this effect: http://www.navision.com/uk/view.asp?documentID=961&categoryID=189 Interesting that the Microsoft/Great Plains head man is the new “Top Dog”… -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net

It is official. As a partner, we have just received our official notifications. The announcement information was reassuring, but of course the real story will be in the actions. We expect things to change gradually, both because that is what we’ve been told and because that has been the experience for Great Plains dealers. As to Doug of Great Plains being in charge, he seems to have done a pretty good job in building Great Plains into a successful firm in the US. And if you believe, as I do, that Great Plains was successful because of its marketing (as has been Microsoft) and that Navision has been successful because of its technology, we now could have the best of both. I going to think positively and plan on exciting things coming. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

As “Navision Attain” is now “Microsoft Navision Attain” they should rename “Graet Plains” into “Great Pain” then. Cheers Walter

@Walter: > they should rename “Graet Plains” into “Great Pain” then. Good one, Walter. @David: >And if you believe, as I do, that Great Plains was successful because of its marketing >(as has been Microsoft) and that Navision has been successful because of its technology, >we now could have the best of both. We could as well have M$ enforcing their marketing methods on Ex-Navision and letting the product and support quality drop down to Micro$oft standards. I’m not exactly too excited about “things coming”, really. Regards, Thomas

I still believe that thinking positively, within the limits of good common sense, is a more productive approach. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Dave. you are correct - we should all think positively. You can be assured that there will be much more money going to market Microsoft Navision Attain 3.60 and Microsoft Navision Axapta 3.0. I would expect to see tighter integration with other Microsoft products and also .NET. Many have already notice some of the tighter integration with outlook already. Hey - maybe we’ll drop the C/ODBC and actually work with ODBC/ADO, etc. Who knows. We just need to give the integration some time. /Michael This