Is 3.70A faster than 3.10 in SQL-server ?

Has the client’s performance in SQL-server been improved since 3.10 ?

YES! We have actually see some performace improvements when upgrading the .exe file from 3.60 to 3.70

Annother Tip - You should remove the “Maintain Sumindex” (on Keys) on tables like “Reservation Entry”, “Sales Line”, Journal Lines. That also INCREASES performance on SQL.

There have been no performance enhancements between these versions in c/side (i.e. the executables), but application code has been improved here and there.

Makes me glad to hear performance has improved. Thanks Henrik and Robert.

quote:

Originally posted by robertc
There have been no performance enhancements between these versions in c/side (i.e. the executables), but application code has been improved here and there.

Hi Robert, I know you’re always very knowning about these issues [:D] But I simply don’t get it. [:0] Not only have I personally experienced that a lot of areas work faster (i.e. see http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11693) - but I’ve also noticed that this version is much more stabile. And here we are not talking about changed application code - as it is custom and has not been changed at all. And now you say that C/SIDE has not been changed at all… I’m mystified…

quote:

Originally posted by robertc

By that I am going to assume you mean, it’s not faster on a Native Database - 3.70a exe file for SQL sure is faster and more stable than the 3.60 exe file for SQL.

Well I didn’t mention stability, so yes 3.70 is more stable then 3.60. What I am saying is that there have not been performance changes specifically on C/SIDE for SQL since 3.10. For that version there was a drive to do more client-side caching than previous versions, and to optimize SQL statements as much as possible to reduce the use of cursors. Customers with performance problems generally want radical increases. Since then there may have been changes in dribs and drabs - there have also been 2 compiler upgrades since 3.01, but nothing significant. Occasionally though, bug fixes also have a performance impact. An example is field value lookup, which used to use a case insensitive wildcard search (which in some locales like Czech did not work with all characters) but now tries an exact match first. Much faster. I am glad to here, though, such positive findings for 3.70 SQL. Thats great. But I am suprised that it should be so noticeable.

Well - I was told my MS, that 3.70 → 3.70a that an search-optimisation for SQL…

Hi, Can someone tell me how I can see if we are working with 3.70 or 3.70A. We are working with a 3.70 client (build 14555 → is this 3.70 A ?). What’s the latest build now ? Thanks in advance Nico

Do a Help → About Microsoft Buisness Solutions-Navision The version in the Parantesees are the version of the executeble My version says: US 3.60.01.26 (3.70 A) This means, the the objects are US 3.60.01.26, and executeble 3.70 A