invoicing from posted shipment document

hello again, I have one more problem. Is it possible to post the invoice of a sales order from the posted sales shipment form? Our customer wants to choose the posted sales shipment document and invoice with directly from there. Is this possible? If it is how?

Hello, You can post the Sales invoice directly from shipment window when a sales order is completed. After the Shipment is completed for a Particular order, click on post Tab or CTRl F 11, system gives you to 2 options: 1. Ship 2. Ship & Invoice. Select option 2 and post, the Invoice is posted along with Sales Shipment, open your posted Invoices Window to confirm. Thanks and Regards,

okey thank you but I already know that! :wink: My problem is different I want to ship first, and then go to posted shipments and invoice from there.

quote:

okey thank you but I already know that! :wink: My problem is different I want to ship first, and then go to posted shipments and invoice from there.
Originally posted by zeynep - 2005 Apr 29 : 16:26:03

You can choose shipment lines from the invoice form or run the Combine Shipments report. To invoice from the posted shipments you need to write some code. Roughly said: you need a function which writes a “Sales Header” record with document type Invoice then go through the lines of the chosen shipments and call the InsertInvLineFromShptLine function. Anna

Instead of creating a new “Sales Header”, I would suggest, you take the one that is referenced in the posted shipments (via teh field “Order No.”), and pass that Order to the Posting routine. If you use partial shipments though, you would have to set the lines in that Order according to the shipped items (field “Qty. to invoice”), an then process it. Daniel