Invoice posting error

Hi,

When I tried to post the invoice, I got the error:“Cannot create a record in Price (InventItemPrice). Item Number xxxx, the record already exists".
It seems to me AX wants to insert a new record to the InventItemPrice table with the last price.

How can I resolve this?
Thanks,

Try removing the Latest purchase price and latet cost price check boxes in item master setup tab…which will try inserting new prices

Well that would “solve” the problem by never recording the latest price, which may give you a different processing issue!

AdamRoue replied on 03-14-2012 15:44

Well that would “solve” the problem by never recording the latest price, which may give you a different processing issue!

Yeah Adam…what you said is true…the suggestion is just to make sure whether that the specific parameter is causing the issue and take necessary action on that :slight_smile:

Then what is the solution to it? System is only throwing this error when i am trying to post invoice with Misc. Charges. What System does it when Misc. Charges are applied and invoice is posted then the error is thrown and invoice goes to Pending Invoice status and that become un-recoverable.

So there are two problems in total as follow:

1. Why System is throwing this error when Misc. Charges are applied (this is happening at my this customer only, for rest of my customer things are good, which means there is something in parameters)

2. Ho to Recover Pending Invoice

Regards

Muhammad Saad

Hi Muhammad,

Trying to help you in your two problems:

1. This error appears only in tables that have the primary key with sequence number. To appear in a table that has no primary key, the only possibility is that there was a change of the table data from SQL. With this, the systems is using the same existing Rec Id.

2. To recover Pending Invoice, you must delete the line on the form Posting. If this not possible, you should delete the row in the table SalesParmTable.

Regards,

Murilo Oliveira

You can see pending invoices in the places form for invoices from memory, no need to be deleting anything from tables,

I found how to delete Pending invoice but how to resolve this issue? is the only way out is unmarking those two ticks on item master?

Regards

Muhammad Saad

Problem solved by restarting AOS :slight_smile:

Regards

Muhammad Saad

Hi Muhammad,

I am facing same issue on PO Invoice posting. Why it is so? Only solution is to restart AOS? It is difficult to restart AOS as it is production environment.

Regards,

Yuan