InventTransferOrderOverview report inventory dimensions

I need to make a change to the InventTransferOrderOverview report and have an issue when I refresh the datasource. Although I just added one field to the tmp table, all the inventory dimension fields get reset from Boolean to string. This causes the report to have errors related to hiding columns.

I went into a new install of AX 2012 R3 with Visual Studio 2013 and loaded an unmodified InventTransferOrderOverviewReport VS project. I right clicked on the datasource and selected refresh. All the inventory dimension parameters changed from Boolean to string and a couple more were added.

Why would this be happening?

Thanks,

Shawn

“Refresh” just reads the definition of the data source (query, RDP class etc.). That’s where your problems lies.

If you believe that your data source is correct and Visual Studio interprets it incorrectly (which I haven’t see so far), you should report it to Microsoft, so they can fix it. You should also check for existing hotfixes before.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I need to send something to Microsoft. Opening the report from a fresh install of AX 2012 R3 and refreshing the dataset causes the same problem. Could this possibly be an issue with VS 2013? I also tried to load and compile the InventonHandReport report (another that uses the inv dimensions) and it will not compile.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Martin,

I just tested this report on a clean R2 install and VS 2012 and it did not have this issue.

Regards,

Shawn

I managed to reproduce your problem in R3 without CU8 (and Visual Studio 2010), but I can’t spend more time with it today.

A few more details for reference:

  • It’s about inventory dimensions flags (such as ViewInventBatchId) coming from InventDimViewContract (they extend EDT NoYesId).
  • It’s definitely not caused by Visual Studio 2013
  • I got an error saying that “The Hidden expression for the tablix ‘table1’ contains an error: Input string was not in a correct format.”. I saw this error reported by others in AX forums.

I think you should check Issue Search on LCS and report the problem to Microsoft if it’s not already there.

There appears to be a related fix out there on LCS. It doesn’t mention that report directly, but it does mention the InventDimViewContract class and some changes to it. I’d suggest trying that first and see if it resolves it.