Inventory with same batch number enable to picked and sold

Hi All,

I have a problem with batch number in Inventory.

we have two quantity for an item in sales order and have the same batch number. i dont know how its enable to pick.

no validation about this. and now this item was sold

what impact was happen for this problem? and how to fix it?

Many Thanks

Regards,

Hamzah.

What is the issue? A batch quantity can be more than 1 and it can be sold on multiple sales orders. I do not understand what your issue is?

Hi Adam,

Thank u for your response.

For example Item A in Inventory Transaction,

Warehouse | Batch Number | Serial Number | Physical Date | Financial Date | Reference |Number | Receipt | issue | qty

P-01 | IV_101231a | | 10-Aug-10 | 11-Aug-10 | Sales order | SO-1008002 | Sold | -1

P-01 | IV_101231a | | 10-Aug-10 | 11-Aug-10 | Sales order | SO-1008002 | Sold | -1

Item A with same batch number was sold, and my question is what the impact for this transaction ?

Thank u

Regards,

Hamzah

As adam said - A batch can have any number of items (quantity) - If you sell 2(Quantity) items with same batch number there wont be any problem.

You dont want this to happen in the system - what you are exactly looking for?

The above example is clear - there is nothing to fix.

I agree with Kranthi, no adverse impact, it is normal.

Ohw i’m sorry,

i forgot that i have one quantity On Hand for batch number IV_101231a,

so the transaction like this,

Warehouse | Batch Number | Serial Number | Physical Date | Financial Date | Reference |Number | Receipt | issue | qty

P-01 | IV_101231a | | 03-Jun-10 | | Purchase order| PO-10040209 |Received | 1

so on hand for this item -1, i dont know why this happen, i worried for average cost price for this item.

Regards,
Hamzah

So in the stock model group of the item you must be allowing negative stock?

That means you have purchased 1quantity and sold 2 qty.

You allowed the system to pick from inventory even though there is no stock.

(enabled Negative Physical Inventory and Negative Financial Inventory) -

The quantity and Cost will get adjusted when you get the stock.

for example - you have purchase an item of 1 qty - value - “2000”

sold Item 2 qty - value - 6000(2*3000)

now the inventory will be “-1” qty and value “-2000”. and it will get adjusted according to the Purchase.

I’m not enable negative stock quantity,

Actually we have purchased two items in Purchase Order :

item 1 qty 1 batch number IV_101231a cost 1000 → stock 1

item 1 qty 1 batch number IV_101231b cost 2000 → stock 1

The Transactions should be item 1 qty 1 have batch IV_101231a, item 1 qty 1 have batch IV_101231b, but there are human error in Sales Order user picked same batch number IV_101231a for 2 (quantity) item 1 (which should item 1 qty 1 with batch number IV_101231a and item 1 qty 1 with batch number IV_101231b)

and the question is why there is no validation pick item with negative quantity? and about the cost price? cause the item was sold

Now it is clear.

You can restrict this - in the Inventory Dimension Group attached to that item

In Dimension Group - for batch number - select Physical Inventory and Financial Inventory.

then system will take only onhand of that particular batch number and it will validate.

If you don’t use this setup the system will only check whether the qty is available at the site/warehouse (if the setup is done for warehouse) level and it will not validate for individual batch number.

To rectify this entry go to Items Master - Functions - Edit Dimensions - in the issues grid - change the batch number to the original

(or) transfer the qty from one batch number to another batch number by using transfer journal.

You will have to do some changes to the dimension group and there will be restrictions because of the transactions, you could create a new one and change it but you would need to test the impact, as this is not recommended, what would be is to remove all stock, all open transactions, change the dimension group and reload.

Kranthi,

using transfer journal? but it has different cost

Does the sales order is invoiced?

If the SO is invoiced - the amounts posted to Inventory and COGS/Consumption will be wrong.

so its better you reverse the SO and post it again.

yes, the SO already invoiced.

how do I reverse the SO ? whether it should use inventory movement journal?

To reverse a Sales Order,

Go the Sales Order Line which you want to reverse - then Quantity column.

In the Receive now column - put the quantity in negative - now the invoice button will be enabled - post the invoice by changing the Quantity parameter to receive now. The system will post required reverse entries into finance. The status will be changed to open order. Now create sales order lines with correct data and post the invoice.

Many Thanks for your help :slight_smile: