Inventory Recalculation

Hi,

I was wondering what is the difference between recalculation and closing? I am assuming the recalculation only update the average cost price, and no settlement transactions created. But closing will also generate the financial settlement transactions to match the issues and receipts?

Thanks,

Hi,

Inventory recal also works on same way as closing. During recal and closing, inventory receiots are matched against issues based on costing method selected in inventory model group. When you close inventory, you can’t do any transaction in the closed period. So you can use inventory recal as it can be run anytime and it doesn’t prohibit user from posting in the recal period.

You can even run recal for a item, item group which u can’t run in case of closing.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav, In the learning process I have passed 3 Positve adjustments through profit/loss journal against the same item with 3 differnt costs in differnt dates. Against that i want adjust value of that stock through Clost and Adjusment form - > adjustment functionality. When i click on the Adjustment button , it shows two options are availble - On Hand and Transactions. but only Transaction option is enable ( it means i select and apply filter ) , but On Hand is not enable. What is the issue ?

On hand feature is available for type closing only as until recal you can easily post on hadn adjustment.

Pranav…

Can you elabore your statement , because i did not understand .