Inventory item's Opening Balances in Navision 9

Dear All,

Hi i am Pavani and i am totally new to the software industry… trying to learn Navision since last one month. can anyone help me in clarifying my doubt in navision

i have entered Opening balances of Inventory Items from path : Purchase → Inventory & Costing → Item journal, by using positive adjustments.

But if i do like this i can see the quantity in the item ledger balance but i am unable to get the avialble quatity to sell at the time of making sales order…

Can any one explain me what mistake i have done… and what is the procedure by which i can entry inventory items opening balances…

Thanks in advance…

Regards

Pavani

What do you mean by unable to get qty to sell?

check your posted Journal date and Sales Order Date

Hi,

Thanks for your reply…

I have entered opening balance of inventory items through item journal by positive adjustments…

that means i should have a available stock to sell the finished goods…

but when i am trying to convert my sales quotes to sales order… error is appearing that i have no quantity balance to sel

that means the stock which i have entered through item journal is not reflecting in my item ledger

kindly help me…

regards

pavani

Did you check the date of Item Journal Posting and Posting date of Sales Quote?

today morning i have entered the inventory items opening balances entry and posted it.

after doing that i have done a sales quote and convert that into sales order…at the time of conversion the system is throughing an error that i dont have stock available…

also check the Location Code…

Yes THANKS A TON !!!

I have posted the opening balance quantity in one location… and at the time of creating the sales quote there was another location code selected in the customer’s master…

rectified… thank u…

Regards

Pavani

Welcome.

Please verify the post(s) which solved your problem.

Perhaps it is always good to check the items availabilty with location variant and bin code parameters…

most of of mu customer also complain about the available quantity with their location…

Hence i created Item management module for them… This also includes item forecasting… item budgeting… item consumption as per the location and other dynamic filters required…

I can share the objects if required.

Anil.

No Thank u…

my problem is resolved.

Pavani