Inventory filter not working

I’m having trouble setting a filter to bring items into the Physical Inventory Journal. I want to bring in all items that begin with “A” but I also want to excude certain items within that group. I tried A*&<>AMR and AMR was excuded. But when I tried A*&<>AMR* in order to exclude all items that begin with AMR it does not work. All of the AMR items are brought into the journal. Any suggestions? Thanks Dan

Have you tried the boring way A…AMO|AMS…AZ. Obviously you can change the middle vits o be more accurate

In fact, Navision can’t handle “<>” and “" on the same filter, that’s why "<>AMR” does not work. You’ll have to find a workaround like the one that Fairbanks suggests… Saludos Nils

Hi Dan, When I list our inventory I face the same problem: include all items starting with S except those starting with SMP. I use the horrendous filter (>S&<SMP)|(>=SMQ&<T) for that. Maybe there is a better way, I don’t know - I really hoped to learn something from the answers you would get. [;)] Anyway your filter should read something like (>A&<AMR)|(>=AMS&<B). Hope this helps. Michiel

iof there is something specific about The Items you wish to filter on/Out then can you not use a different field? Posting Group? Type? Global Dimension? That sort of thing?

SETFILTER(FIELD, ‘<%1|>%2|%3’, ‘XYZ’,’XYZ*’,’’); This hasn’t failed me yet… It’s not quite what you’re looking for but perhaps you can adapt it to suit your needs?

Hi Everyone, Thanks for responding. I tried your suggestion, Michiel, on a much more complicated filter than the one posted on the forum and it worked. It was, however, very long. In fact it had a total of 16 divisions ("|"). Steven, I want to try your suggestion as well. If there are any more ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks again Dan

quote:

iof there is something specific about The Items you wish to filter on/Out then can you not use a different field? Posting Group? Type? Global Dimension? That sort of thing?
Originally posted by littleoaks - 2004 Dec 08 : 03:43:35

For complicated filters that are used often we often give certain items specific Dimensions or Product Groups or General Product Posting Groups or even create a new field to use. for example we sell some items online & others we do not. so I simply created a boolean field on the card called “On Internet” Saves MONDO amounts of time trying to filter them in & out of things now

Dan, You wrote “But when I tried A*&<>AMR* in order to exclude all items that begin with AMR it does not work.” A very simple solution is a) generate the journal with the filter A* b) when the journal is generated, apply filter AMR* and delete the entries that match the filter c) show all Best regards //Pelle