inventory costing manual benefits

Dear All, I would like to ask you about inventory costing manual. This manual is interesting but I can’t understand where I will use it after I finished to read it. my other questions as follows: 1. In what industries it can be applied to. 2. in what module of navision will need it 3. in what granules and fields must be applied into 4. is there any relations to other modules or training manuals 5. what is the different with job costing and manufacturing costing Pls reply in detail enough along with examples if you could and tks be4hand. Rgds, mark

Hi Mark Do you cost your inventory? Do you use inventory? If you answer yes to either you will need to understand inventory costing. In answer to your questions:

quote:

1. In what industries it can be applied to.

Arguably every one.

quote:

2. in what module of navision will need it

It affects everyone where inventory is involved.

quote:

3. in what granules and fields must be applied into

Start looking at every module in 2, and then look at all of the costing fields.

quote:

4. is there any relations to other modules or training manuals

It is a manual by itself due to the complexities of costing, but in essence it will impinge on every other manual.

quote:

5. what is the different with job costing and manufacturing costing

There are many arguments to this. Let us say jjob costing is where all associated cvosts are captured for a job, the definition of a job being what teh company wants it to be. This is all costs, purchase, manufacturing, employees, etc. Manufacturing costing is the cost of manufacturing the items, and where you draw the line on overhead absorption etc is again up to each company and how they handle it.

Dear Steven, Many tks for your reply. I wonder if the inventory in navision are up to date according to new costing of inventory either in retail, in food, and so on. Rgds, Mark

Hi Mark The simple answer is yes, unless your customer wants to cost in a way navision does not handle. [:D]