Introducing Lars Strøm Valsted

Hi all

I have been away from this forum for some time, and I don’t even have any really good excuses, so I guess I just have to apologize to Erik for this [:D]

I have been working with NAV/Navision (the GUI based product) since early 1994, when I was at Navision Software (now a part of Microsoft), and the first version I saw was - if I remember correctly - version 0,89 which was relatively stable - it could stay airborne for at least 13 seconds, provided you didn’t touch any buttons [:D]

However, my experience with Navision started already in 1990, with the old character based product. So I guess you could say that I have about 18 years of NAV experience.

Since 1994 I have been working in various roles with NAV and other MBS products.

From 1994 to 1999 I was at Navision Software, where I was doing partner training (consultants and developers), project management on international key accounts, localization etc., but of course not all those things at the same time [:P]

In 2000 I left to join a partner, working mainly with consulting and project management.

In 2002 I joined Microsoft, who had at that time acquired Navision Software - I was actually hired by the guy that also hired me back in 1994 (some guys never learn [:D]). In Microsoft I was working a lot with the vertical strategy and the verticalization of both NAV and AX.

In 2005 I left Microsoft to work as a channel manager for a vertical ISV selling an add-on for NAV.

In 2005 I also managed to take a tough coaching certification, so now I am certified as coach by International Coaching Community.

I will be leaving the ISV by the end of September 2009, and I really want to go back to my roots, and start doing some consulting and project management work again.

Hi Lars,

No need to apologize. We are very happy to have you back. Even though you have been away as an active community member for 4-5 years, then I’m sure that you quickly will be recognized as the capacity that your are.