Internal error 5 in module 1 - on iSeries

Hello, Does any one know what ‘Internal error 5 in module 1.’ means. It is logged in error file when attempting to start Navision Server fails. I am running command “CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) PARM(’/qopensys/usr/bin/ksh’ ‘-t’ ‘-c’ ‘/home/navision/server cache=250000, commitcache=yes, servername=AttainSrv, database=/M1/sss.fdb’)” from QSTRUP. The command seems to work fine when run from command line after IPL is completed!? Any ideas? Cheers!

Whoops wrong forum how do I move this to Navision Technical forum?

You don’t - but the moderator does…

Seems like some permission problem to me. Is it the same user running the server executable as when running it from command line? //Lars

Hi, Thanks Lars, When issuing the command from command line I was signed on as QSECOFR, but when run from IPL it is effectively executed by QPGMR, but this shouldn’t make any difference (as far as I understand at the moment!) - I will explain: When the iSeries is IPL’d and the QSTRUP program is run. It runs and executes its commands as though the program had been called by QPGMR. i.e. it runs with QPGMR authority and this can cause problems if for example QPGMR does not have authority to commands such as MOUNT. However the one way to avoid this (which is what I have done) is to utilise adoptive authority. This is acheived by signing on as QSECOFR (or equivalent) when creating (compiling) the QSTRUP program setting the USRPRF paramater of the CRTCLPGM (compile) command to USRPRF(*OWNER). This means that whenever the program runs it runs with the authority of the owner of the object i.e. QSECOFR and not QPGMR. So I don’t think the error is to do with authority to the QP2SHELL command, but do you think that there is still an authority problem within executing the server executable in the PASE environment? One problem I have is that while I understand a fair bit about OS/400 (5yrs AS/400) I know nothing about PASE and I’m afraid I am struggling with an apparent lack of transparency when things don’t work inside the PASE environment. I wonder if any one else has similar experiences? Jon

Well, I even don’ know a bit about OS/400, but this error occurs, when you start two servers as a service. You have to assign different user accounts (authority?) to different servers. Michael

Hi Micheal, How would you ‘assign’ different user accounts to different servers in a windows environment? Thanks, Jon