Internal Error 2 in module 48

i have users who access Navision through Citrix Metaframe and ever now and then they get the following error Internal error 2 in module 48 and there “zup” files get corrupted so we have to delete there zup, is there a way through Citrix to not have there zup files accessed so they don’t get corrupted so often?

You can delete the zup file on each login with a windows script. Are you sure that is what you want? The zup file recalls all the user’s local settings like any customized windows, last record, last fields, etc.

the way we have it setup on the network is we have a .bat that copies there filters to a fin.bak, so they don’t start from scratch, but this does not seem to work through Citrix?

Perhaps you need to start each user with a unique zup file using the ID=%user% startup parameter or something like that. If each person uses a unique windows login that might help.

Be careful of saving and restoring zup files, this does not always work. When you edit an object in Navision (eg a table or Form), then all the ntries in the zup file related to that object are deleted. If you then restore an old zup file, and say a field’s properties have changed, then the zup file may try to force a state that is not possible. Normally Navisio should identify this and delete the corrupt entry, but I have seen problems where it didn’t. I think (but can’t be sure) that version 2.00 was problematic for this. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

Topic moved from “Errors” (a forum for reporting/getting help with errors on this website) to “Attain - Technical Forum”.