Intercompany

What are the current top intercompany add-ins?

The only one that I know about is from Open Door Technologies. http://www.opendoor.ab.ca/ODTIntercompany.htm Django

We are currently developing an Intercompany tool with which you can handle intercompany purchases, receipts and invoices

We do have an intercompany add-on which handles document transfer sales to purchase and purchase to sales from any Company in the database to any company in the same databese. Everything is based on setuptables. Agreement, fieldtransfer from header and lines. It works great…

I have developed 4 Inter-co “add-ons”, in each case each was a complete redesign, different clients using different ones. The reason being, that every company has a totally different idea of what inter-company means. In reality because there are so many differences, I found it more economical for the client to develop specific solutions, than to try to cludge them together. When Microsoft allow direct access to field No. 0 of the primary key, (the hidden field called “Company” that we can not access), it should be possible to make a true intercompany add-on. For now, since there are so so many inter-co add ons, look carefully, and find the one that best suits your needs. do not think in terms of which is best.

quote:

Originally posted by Geert
We are currently developing an Intercompany tool with which you can handle intercompany purchases, receipts and invoices

Geert, I hope you heard intercompany transactions will be added to Navision 4.0?

actually they gave just said “inter-company functionality” if they modify c/side to allow access to field 0, and give us a global change company function that will be great, if it is just some c/side functions to post transactions, that will be no more than we have now. Lets hope.

Does anyone know exactly what to expect from this new Intercompany functionality in the upcoming MBS Navision v. 4.00? It would be nice to know where we need to support the functionality and where we need to add on to the functionality. _________________ Best regards, Preben Borg

We saw a Powerpoint on 4.0 the other day and I still can’t tell you for sure how Intercompany will work. There was something about outbox and inbox. A transaction in one company may create an outbox to another. The other company would have an inbox transaction to retrieve. The presenter did seem confident that due-to and due-from transactions would be recorded.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Willemse

quote:

Originally posted by Geert

Geert, I hope you heard intercompany transactions will be added to Navision 4.0?

I have. Been to Frankfurt where they explained what intercompany entails in 4.0. It’s not only financial but also logistical. Thanks though.

quote:

Originally posted by P. Borg
Does anyone know exactly what to expect from this new Intercompany functionality in the upcoming MBS Navision v. 4.00? It would be nice to know where we need to support the functionality and where we need to add on to the functionality. _________________ Best regards, Preben Borg

Preben, I have visited the MBS Regional meeting in Frankfurt where they told us (representatives of NSC’s) that intercompany will include sales orders, deliveries and invoices and purchase orders, receipts and invoices for companies within one database.

Geert, then you must have met Diderick, our guy who was there as well! What you say about intercompany is true, can’t wait to see the W1…

As you can see I posted this original inquiry back in June 2003. I have now been able to spend a good amount of time with v4.00 Intercompany and can report the following:

• Each company within the intercompany matrix will set up all of the other companies as an “Intercompany Partner” (IC Partner).
  • The IC Partner is set up as a Vendor and/or Customer and on each card’s communications tab, there is now an IC Partner code to make the link.
  • Each company will set up a IC Partner chart of accounts so the trading partner’s accounts are known. This can be done with a direct copy (if within the same database) or an Export/Import. That is also true of Dimensions.
  • An example - Company A sells services to Company B. Company A will issue a Sales Invoice (or Order) to Customer Company B and on the sales lines Company A will choose Company B’s account and/or dimension values. The posting of the invoice creates an IC Outbox transaction. Company A will “send” the IC Outbox transaction to Company B. Now on the Company B side, there is an IC Inbox transaction. Company B personnel can decide whether to accept or reject the incoming transaction. If they accept, it becomes a Purchase Invoice.
  • There is also an IC Journal where one can post general journal entries that will go through the outbox/inbox routine.
    I hope this helps…

I’ve just uploaded Microsoft’s technical whitepaper to the file library (Downloads) of this site. Enjoy!

Hi, We do have an add-on for intercompany transactions, the Symmetrical module, fully adapted to MBS 3.70. This tool automatises all the commercial transactions between different companies but in the same data base (sales and purchase orders, invoices…) Contact olivia@olivia-sistemas.com for more information. Best regards,