Integration of UPS system and Navision

Has any solution center successfully integrated the stand-alone UPS system into Navision so that tracking numbers / shipping costs / etc. are automatically updated to a specific order header / order line? How is this done? I have heard that the two systems cannot talk to each other (key data type conflicts).

Actually the UPS worldship program has some great integration features, but because of the C/ODBC drivers lack of features, it does not run very well with Navision :-). We have a complete integration to the UPS available, which is using an Access database. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

I have developed a complete integration with the UPS Worldship software. The ODBC interface worked fine for getting information out of Navision into Worldship (e.g. Ship-to Address, Shipping Method, etc.). However, the ODBC interface was not usable for passing data back to Navision; therefore, I elected to use a CSV file that is imported into Navision.

Hi, I had the same proplem with UPS Worldship. ODBC drver works very long time. But I created database with 3 tables SO, BOX, CUSTUMERS and use this database for tansfer data (instead of CSV file). Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

Navisions C/ODBC driver is well behind the standard ODBC in terms of versioning and functionality. Its a great tool for getting data out of Navision… not putting it in. C/FRONT is good at that - or as you have done, write dataports to import (which you can do automagically off a form timer if you had a spare client licence). Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

To integrate with one UPS system, we had the UPS system write (in real time) the data going back to Navision to a text file in a shared directory. We wrote a form/etc in Navision and ran it on a Navision client to check that directory every few seconds for new files. The data was then updated to Navision a few moments later. The C/ODBC driver was just not an option. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

Dear Jack, which version of Navision Financials and ODBC are you using for your solution?

quote:

Originally posted by Jack Reynolds: I have developed a complete integration with the UPS Worldship software. The ODBC interface worked fine for getting information out of Navision into Worldship (e.g. Ship-to Address, Shipping Method, etc.). However, the ODBC interface was not usable for passing data back to Navision; therefore, I elected to use a CSV file that is imported into Navision.

Walter, My implementation uses Worldship, version 3.1 and Navision 2.60B.

If you struggling with “UPS WorldShip Integration & Programming

Technosoft is providing technical consultancy, further R&D services, as well as help in developing UPS WorldShip solutions

http://www.techno-soft.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=870&Itemid=170

Has the status of this updated at all?

(we are currently considering migrating to NAV)

We did basic oneway integration of our current system using Wordship into the MS SQL DB in about 10 mins so outstanding issues here are worrying…

Thanks

Rich

I have integrated Worldship with NAV native server. The user enters an order number in Worldship and the address information and reference fields are populated. When the user hits the “ship” button there is a write-back of tracking, weight and charges.

The address query uses an Access database with linked tables to NAV. Then queries that use the linked tables were created and used by the Worldship integration interface. This method avoided the response time issue.

The write-back is configured to send to SQL. I use a NAS to launch the write from SQL to NAV by referencing the ‘Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library’ as Automation Variables in my codeunit.

This has been a stable solution for multiple departments and shipping stations. It has been up since Worldship 8.0 (we’re on v11 now).

Mark