Installing NAV 5.0 SP 1 client via GPO

Hi, all, need your help.

I am trying to install Navision client via Active Directory (assigned to user) but have repeating issues.

We use Windows XP SP2 and DotNet 3.5 is already installed on machine

If I install manually with admin rights, using the following command:

msiexec /i “\mydomain\dfsroot\Software\Dynamix\Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client ru-RU.msi” /qb-

there’s no problem.

But if I assign the same application to user via GPO it goes bad.

User receives assigned shortcut, but when he double click installation begins and fails with the following event:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 19.11.2009
Time: 11:00:47
User:
Computer:
Description:
Detection of product ‘{00000000-0000-5010-BA00-0000836BD2D2}’, feature ‘NavisionSolutions’ failed during request for component ‘{A752F994-382F-11D3-9F27-00A024A662C8}’

If he double clicks the shortcut again, everything is repeated.

Most strange, that all files and registry are installed and if i start finsql.exe, it works.

I also tried to assign installation package Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client en-RU.msi instead Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client ru-RU.msi, but it all the same, no luck.

Can anyone please advice on this ?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

What is GPO?

GPO stands for Group Policy Object in Microsoft Active Directory, It is used to assign policies (including application installation) to computers and users of Windows 2000 domains (and above).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322176

Hi!

One possible solution is to create startup script about that script you have typed in question.

I think the core problem is about priviledges, when you start thin as administrator, installation is successful. If you use GPO and software development in user settings, installation uses users rights. You can avoid this if you change installation to computer settings.